𝟎𝟐𝟗. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

LET THE TRUTH BE REVEALED
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-nine, season two

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   𝐒𝐀𝐌 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐍. His vision showed Dean shooting a man── Duane Tanner── who had a scar down his face. We aren't sure what the vision was trying to tell Sam, but I can't imagine Dean shooting a man without a good explanation. Also, what's strange is that this case doesn't seem to have anything to do with the yellow-eyed demon── the thing that usually causes the visions.

After speaking with an older man── Mark── who Sam saw in his vision, we discovered where Duane from the vision lived, and we decided to pay him a visit. However, just as we were saying our goodbyes to Mark, we bumped into a telephone pole that had a single word carved into it...

CROATOAN.

Sam hits my arm, and I look to the post, realising I recognise the word from somewhere. "You recognise it?" Dean stares at him blankly, but I try to recall where I've seen that word. "Roanoke? Lost colony? Ring a bell? Did either of you pay any attention in history class?"

   "Yeah! Shots heard 'round the world, How bills becomes laws..." Dean drawls, and I roll my eyes.

   "That's not school, that's Schoolhouse Rock."

   "Uh..." I place a hand against my head, trying to recall the information I remember from my old history classes. "Roanoke was one of the first English colonies in America, late fifteen-hundreds?"

   "Oh yeah, yeah, I do remember that." Dean clicks his fingers together. "The only thing they left behind was a single word carved in a tree. Croatoan."

   We look back to the telephone pole, staring at the word carved into the wood. "Yeah. And I mean, there were theories── Indian raid, disease, but nobody knows what really happened. They were all just gone. I mean, wiped out overnight."

   "You don't think that's what's going on here, I mean..."

   "Whatever I saw in my head, it sure wasn't good," Sam says, and I frown because it's been a while since he's had a vision. "But what do you think could do that?"

   "Well, I mean, like I said, all of your weirdo visions are always tied to the Yellow-Eyed Demon somehow, so..."

   "We should get help," I suggest. "Bobby, uh, Ellen maybe?"