𝟎𝟐𝟓. 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬

TRUST ISSUES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-five, season two

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄, and I imagine that not a lot of people trust me either. There's only three people in this world that I would trust my life with── Sam, Dean and Bobby. Anybody else who comes into my life has to earn my trust, and most of the time, they don't. I also have a pretty good knack for figuring out who I should and should not trust.

   I'm not afraid to voice my worries── my insecurities about certain people. It's just sometimes difficult to get certain people to listen to reason, but when I'm sure I can't trust a person, I let that be known.

   In this business, we meet a lot of people, but none of them ever actually stick around. Usually, nobody is worth sticking around for, and this life shouldn't be anybody's choice. Being a hunter was forced upon me, and while I've grown to accept it, there are days when I just wish I could forget about all the evil and live a regular, apple-pie life.

   Perhaps in a regular, safe life, I'd meet people who I can actually trust, and who can actually stick around, you know? Maybe one day I'll open that door and let somebody in. Maybe I'll let them know me── the sick and twisted side of me, and they'll accept me. But then again, I'm happy to hide as I have done my entire life.

   Now while we meet a lot of people, we don't usually share many words with them. We're here to help people, not have beers with them, so I don't know why we're sitting with a fellow "hunter" who I definitely don't trust. Since the moment we met him an hour ago, I've had that sinking feeling in my stomach that he's trouble. This feeling is different to the psychic, gut feelings. No, this is a feeling of fear because I don't know who this guy is or what he wants, but he seems completely fascinated by my eldest brother.

   I'm glaring daggers at him, silently hoping he'll disintegrate, and I think Sam is thinking the exact same.

   With the Impala being fixed, Dean is in a very good mood which is great, but that also has dire consequences apparently. The car brought us to a case in Montana where we investigated strange cattle mutilations and severed heads. The sheriff was practically useless, but we were able to access the morgue where we found a vampire fang buried in the mouth of one of the "victims", meaning they're a vampire.