A painful first love - 📺 x 📻 •angst•

Request by: WeAuthorBears

AU, Set in the 1990s. Radiostatic that refused to be reciprocated but exists.

-Internalized homophobia (I think)

-

Vox didn't have a heart.
At least, that's what he always assumed. He never had loved anyone. Then came along some knock-off Bambi who looks like he gets his clothes from Forever 21's ketchup collection, and Vox is literally swooning.

He and Alastor had been friends for years. Acquaintances, then business partners, then friends, and now, something else, if Vox was lucky.

He had realized almost six years ago that he liked Alastor as something more than just a friend. So much time passed that he no longer just liked him, he loved Alastor in a way that made Vox hang on his every word and feel weak in the knees at the sight of Alastor without his jacket, just in that undershirt that hugged his chest so nice and tightly...Anyways! He wasn't thinking about that right now!

Vox was busy booking dinner for him and Alastor.

He planned to take Alastor out to a nice dinner, and ask him the question that had been bugging him for years.

Tonight was the night, he had decided.

Vox, at some points, felt that there was a hopeful chance that Alastor felt the same way about him. (Alastor is just generally zesty tho)

The way Alastor looked at him, how he called him 'darling' with a roll of his accent, how he would cook food and share it with Vox...Everything about that man made Vox's heart jump.

Vox had found a small restaurant that had great reviews, and had booked out the whole place so that they'd be alone with no one to bother them.
He didn't have much money, but luckily the place was small and cheap enough that it wasn't too much to rent it out. It was also the only place in Pentagram City that had jambalaya on the menu. And he knew that was Alastor's absolute favorite.

Vox had let Alastor know ahead of time, telling him that he had important things to discuss, and that it would be nice if they could talk about it over dinner.
Alastor had accepted, saying he was intrigued and excited for the plans.

Vox stopped by Alastor's radio station at 6 o'clock on the dot to pick him up.
He made sure he wore his very best suit and looked good.
Vox's nerves were running loose and he was having a hard time getting his head to wrap around things.

Alastor emerged from the front doors when he saw Vox pull up.

'Satan, he looks stunning...with that blood red vest and the clean white undershirt........hugging his body so nice and tightly...........shit, do I have a nosebleed? No, no I don't have nose thankfully.......................for fucks sake he's hot.'

Vox greeted Alastor and nervously opened the car door for him.

Alastor smiled, greeted him as well, and got into the car.

Vox giddly ran around to the other side of the car and got in, looking over at Alastor and smiled.

"I think tonight will be nice...the place I booked has jambalaya, your favorite..." Vox said with a small smile, turning the car on.

Alastor seemed very happy. Vox was happy that he was happy. It was so sweet it makes me sick.

They arrived at the restaurant, and Vox got out and ran around the car to open Alastor's door for him again.

They walked into the restaurant, a cozy little business that was nestled in the far edges of the Pride ring.

Alastor and Vox found a booth to sit at. It was easy, considering the place was empty.