Twenty Three

CALLIOPE POV

"I don't know, Keira..." I let out a groan, shifting from one foot to the other in a form fitting gown as I stared in a full length mirror. "The color is what Amber wants but I don't think the fishtail style suits me."

She laughed and shrugged while tying her strawberry blonde waves into a ponytail, "Let me try this one and you can go for the one shoulder cocktail length I have on. I'm glad she chose burgundy, though, and that we get to be barefoot."

"Same. We wear heels enough to work every day so it's nice to know I won't have to pack any for our beach trip this year," I agreed, slipping the dress off and handing it over to her while she did the same.

Keira and I discovered on our trip to the beach house that we were close enough to the same size so we could share clothes. Amber is smaller than us and has a longer torso but the 3 of us still traded sundresses while on vacation. It made for a more fun time since each of us enjoyed trying colors we usually didn't buy and styles we hadn't attempted in the past.

I always wanted siblings. Now I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My Mamochka loves being around all the Ivanov's, especially since Jackson does not have any living family. They come to family dinner at least once a month which caused Anya to bring out extra leaves for their dining room table to fit everyone.

When I looked in the mirror while wearing the dress Keira originally chose, I knew it was the perfect solution. She was thrilled, too, so we decided it was time to show the rest of our group.

We walked out of the dressing room to Amber, Aria, their Mom Jessica, Anya and my Mamochka all waiting on couches in the main area of the wedding dress store. Amber got her dress about 2 months ago so this visit was specifically to choose our bridesmaid dresses.

"Oh my god, yes!" Aria exclaimed, her hazel eyes wide.

Amber wiped away tears with a bright grin on her face. "These are so perfect! Didn't you have the opposite dress in mind before? This color really is perfect for all 3 of you. I know we talked about going blush pink or coral but I'm glad we decided to do an evening wedding at the beach house this summer and jewel tones. Mike looks so good in his burgundy linen shirt and is working out more so he can wear it unbuttoned."

Keira laughed while nodding, "Yeah, we traded since this one was not the right call for Callie. To be fair, I am obsessed. Maybe I'll be planning my wedding in the next year and get to have a white dress with a similar silhouette."

"How do you feel, Callie?" Aria asked as she fussed with the skirt of the dress Keira was wearing. "Mine is halter neck and backless with a long skirt so you'll be the only one with something shorter but it suits you."

I grinned and smoothing down the flowy fabric then looked around our group. "I love this. The length is perfect and makes my legs look longer plus I love the sweetheart neckline."

"You mean Lapochka neckline?" Keira asked with a raised eyebrow.

We cracked up laughing and I rolled my eyes at my sestra. "I'm gonna go put my jeans back on."

Once we changed clothes and checked out we wandered around the store a bit longer, though I was thankful Amber's wedding planning was essentially done. Mike and Amber got engaged the day after us at Emerald Isle then all 4 of us stayed at a gorgeous hotel for a couple more days when the family trip was over. I had no idea Val had that little surprise in store which made for an even better time.