Epilogue

*5 years later *

VALENTIN POV

"Keira? Can you take baby Kat for me?  She had too much fun in her bath after those tummy issues thanks to her teeth," I asked, grinning as my sister in law immediately cuddled her niece.

"I would love to. Suri wanted to read her a story anyway."

I laughed and shook my head, "I love how all our kids try to read as soon as they turn 2. It makes life way more interesting. Mischa was flipping through Callie's copy of Anna Karenina the other day during his nap. I asked him what it was about and he just shrugged and said, "Russia stuff." "

Keira cracked up laughing as Vera approached while pushing Jack's wheelchair. My 3 year old son, Mischa, giggled as Jack tickled him. "So baby girl is set, you heading out?" Jack asked.

I nodded, "Gonna go watch her speech then pick Callie up from the school. It shouldn't be too long. I'm still so shocked that she is being given an award at the donor dinner about her sociolinguistics research. My parents, Mike, and Amber are attending, as well. I know we could stay for the whole evening but Callie wanted to be here instead."

Within 20 minutes I was changed into a nice suit then grabbed my keys and said Goodbye to our family so I could head to the college. Callie and I found a beautiful 4 bedroom house near where her childhood home was located and moved in when our Mischa was a few months old. She still hates driving but I love being able to take her anywhere she needs to be.

Vera and Jack offered to watch the kids tonight while we were at the donor dinner for a while which was the perfect solution. They have a nice space at the assisted living center and thanks to some new treatments as well as her doting husband, my mother in law has been more comfortable since her surgery 5 1/2 years ago.

Dmitri is on a work trip so Keira is staying for 3 days as well with their 2 year old daughter, Suri. She's expecting their 2nd little one in April so we were happy to have her around whenever my brother was out of town. Our guest room is a comfortable place for her then Suri can sleep on a trundle in our Katerina's room so everyone is happy.

Our daughter is going to be 1 in about a month. She has my dark curls and my wife's blue eyes, while our son looks exactly like my brothers and me at that age. Callie fit a pack and play in the office she shares with Papochka so she is still working about 20 hours a week with the research department. It has been a great balance, especially since my Dad loves having his grandbabies around as much as possible.

Mischa is the only boy so far which has been a hilarious change of pace. My brothers and I love having girls, as well, but I am pretty sure Mamochka is happier than ever now that she has granddaughters to spoil.  She sobbed when Dmitri and Keira told her they were expecting a girl and was in shock the day Amber announced she was not only expecting twins, but two girls.

Poor woman raised 4 boys and had to wait over 30 years before Callie entered the picture.  None of us can blame her for relishing Grandparenthood.  Mischa gets plenty of time with everyone, as well, and loves being the only boy so far.  I have the feeling that once someone has another boy he will be disappointed.

I jogged into the meeting hall and grinned at memories from our wedding just over 5 years ago. This is where we had our reception and was the perfect venue. December 28 gave us blue skies and light snow that allowed us to have beautiful photographs.  Callie and I flew to Mexico for a 5 day honeymoon at an all inclusive resort in Cabo where we laid out, drank too much, and had an amazing time exploring.  She even booked us a tour of an Agave farm where we did a Tequila tasting.