Chapter 9 - The Forest

Black Hole's P.O.V

I run through the forest. Just gotta find a cliff and I just end it all.. Easy enough.. I run around, hoping to find a cliff. Tree's better off without me. I trip on a branch. I fall face first. I stand up. I continue running. I see a person sitting on the ground. I walk to the the person. "Hello?" I say, looking at the person. The person turns their head towards me. "Who are you?" The person asks me. "I'm.. Black Hole.." I say. The person just looks at me. "Ok.. I'm SketchBook." The person says. We look at each other in silence. "Why are you out here?" I ask SketchBook. "I-... I don't know how to uh- .. Explain it.." They say. I nod. SketchBook pats the ground. I sit down next to them. "Why are you out here?" They ask me. I don't answer. "You don't wanna say.. Ok.. I won't force you." They say. We sit in silence. I wonder if Tree is looking for me. I doubt that.

Tree's P.O.V

"UGHH!" I slam my hand on the wall. I forgot that I have a injured hand. I hold my hand in pain. "Tree, calm down." Fanny says. "I'm trying to! I'm just worried sick!" I say. I have never been so worried in my life. I wish Black Hole would come back. I miss him.i sit down on the floor. I hug my knees. "Tree, they'll find him, don't worry..." Pen says as he pats me on the back. I doubt that. I think that Black Hole already killed himself. He was fine last week. What happened to him now. I just miss him.

SketchBook's P.O.V

We sit in silence. I feel like I've seen him before. I look at Black Hole. I think I remember now. I saw him at the mall last week. I look away. "Black Hole?" "Yeah?" He replies. "Do you know a guy named Tree?" I ask. "... Yes.." He answers. "Okay.. Can you tell me why are you out here?" I ask him. "I- uh-.... I was gonna.. End it all until I saw you sitting here." He tells me. What does he mean by end it all-.. Oh. I think Tree is trying to find him. I look at his arms. It has some scars. I gotta text Tree. I haven't met him but I am friends with his sister. "Black Hole, wanna look at my drawings?" I ask him. He nods. I grab my sketch book and gave it to him. He starts looking in the book. I grab my phone. I find Tree's profile and click message.

Tree

Hello?:SB

Tree I gotta tell you something:SB

Even though you don't know me:SB

Tree:who are you?

I'm Sketchbook, just call me SB. I'm friends with your sister:SB

Tree:ok

Tree:what did you want to tell me.

I found your friend Black Hole:SB

Tree:where.

We're in the forest rn. I distracted him:SB

Tree:keep him there

Tree:we're coming.

I put my phone down. I look at Black Hole. He reminds me of myself. Wanting to end it all. I still feel like that. We're the same. We think that we are useless. There's just a cliff in front of us. We could just end it all. But we  don't want to.. I guess.

Tree's P.O.V

"Text the others to meet up here." I say. Remote nods. We wait for a while. The others entered the house. "Have you guys found him yet?" Marker asks. Liy shakes her head. "Tree, what'd you wanna talk about?" Liy asks. "I know where Black Hole is." I say. "He's in the forest. He got distracted by a friend of my sister." I added. We get ready and leave the house. We walked to the forest. We enter the forest. We walked. We hear talking. It's Black Hole's voice and a girl's voice. We follow the sound. We see Black Hole sitting on the ground with a girl next to him. Their backs are facing us. They can't see us. "Black Hole.." I call out. Black Hole turns around. "Tree?" He's got a terrified expression on his face. I walk to him. I put my hand on his shoulder. "We're going home." I say. He nods. He gives the girl her book back. "I'm sorry. I was the one who told Tree you were here.." She says. Black Hole looks at her. He says something to her. He stands up. "Bye.. Uh.." "SketchBook. My name's Sketchbook." She says. "Bye Sketchbook.." I say as we walked off. We leave the forest. Black Hole keeps looking at the ground. We reach my house. "You guys can go home now. I'll talk to him." I say. They nod and left. We get inside. I sit down on the couch. Black Hole just stands next to the door.

...

"I'm sorry.."

Words:813

Author's note:
Hallo! Sketchbook is my object show OC. Her pronouns are She/her/they/them.