Best I Ever Had

JUSTIN'S POV

As soon as I stepped foot into this venue I saw her. She was hard to miss. The way that dress fell perfectly on her body, her long hair skimming against her back and smile of hers that I could stare at for hours. She looks so beautiful. I decided to come to this event alone since Hailey would rather not deal with what happened last time. So as I watched Selena, I made sure to remain low and far away from her until I couldn't. I had just finished coming out the bathroom when I saw her strutting her way in my direction so I hid by the corner. She was looking down at her phone, completely oblivious to her surroundings. The closer she got I looked up to notice a door behind me that said employee's only and what I did next was the last thing I should've.

I grasped her arm, pulling her with me into the room. She searched around confused until she laid those eyes on me. She looked angry as she spoke but I couldn't hear a damn thing. I was solely focused on the beauty radiating out of her as she stood in front of me. My eyes shifted to every part of her, the closeness between us speeding up my heart rate. The only thing I could think of right now is what the fuck was I doing? As if we weren't surrounded in a place where this can easily make headlines. I wasn't thinking at all that's the problem. I lost all my ability the second I laid my eyes on her. When she grew impatient and yell out my name I blurted out the next sentence with ease.

"You look so fucking beautiful, Sel."

The air in the room grew tense, only silence surrounding us as she opened and closed her mouth repeatedly, shocked.

"Are you drunk?" She finally said, causing me roll my eyes.

"No im not drunk Selena, but I can't deny how beautiful you look tonight," I licked my lips, my mouth suddenly becoming dry.

"I can't keep doing this with you." She shook her head, turning on her heels but I grabbed her arm once again facing her to me. "Let me go," she warned.

"No im not letting you go, we need to talk." The insanity coming out of my mouth could not be stopped. When it was just her and I, I forget anything else exists.

"What else could you possibly say? Huh?"

"Do you understand how hard it is to get you out of mind?"

"Heard that one too many times from you." She scoffed, she pulled her arm from me and I let her go for now. Completely ignoring what she said I continued.

"I tried this year to forget you, to move on with Hailey and one fucking look at you and I'm back at it again. Do you not understand you are apart of me as much as I am you?"

"And whose telling you that? Your twisted ass mind?" She shot back.

"Fucking hell Selena, I still love you," I breathed out.

"Do you hear yourself? God, Justin not even marriage could change you." She sighed frustrated. She ran her hands through her hair, placing the curls back that were displaced when I pulled her in here. "You're still the same selfish man I knew."

"You thought marriage was going to make me change my feelings for you? Did you think I was lying when I said I love you?" I said, my voice growing louder.

"You shouldn't never gotten married in the first place then!" She yelled.

"You fucking said no! What else was I suppose to do?!" I yelled back, my chest heaving. She drove me crazy, completely and insanely crazy. She stood silent, looking at me. Her eyes began getting glossy.

"I said no because we weren't ready but that didn't mean you had to leave and propose to someone else in a matter of a few months. Jesus Justin, you broke me with that do you understand?" She said, walking towards me and poking me harshly on my chest.