The catchup

The clanking of glasses and chatters, finally made me feel like I was home again.

"So how's your mom doing? With the divorce and everything?" Serena asked.

"Great." I nodded, " so my dad left her for another man. She lost 15 pounds, got an eye lift. It's been good for her!" I smiled and had a sip of my martini.

"I'm really sorry.."

"Yeah." I nodded, " I could tell, since you didn't call or write the entire time it was happening."

"No, I know. I was just....boarding school, is like-.." she lied.

" I don't know why you went to boarding school to begin with. Do you know how it felt.. calling your house when you didn't show at school? Having your mom say: Serena didn't tell you that she moved to Connecticut?..." I rolled my eyes, her excuses are terrible.

"I just— I had to go. I just—.. I needed to get away from everything, please just trust me." Serena sighed.

" how can I trust you... when I feel like I don't know you?" I asked.

"Let's fix that!" Serena recommended. "I saw you at school with kati and is, and I get it. I don't want to take any of that away."

" because it's yours to take if you want."

"No, that's not what I mean. I-.." I looked at her blankly, wondering what other excuses she was gonna make up.

"I miss you..." she whispered, " I just want things to go back to the way they used to be, me you and Blair." I picked out the olives that remained in my finished martini and ate them,
" you know, walking to school together, dancing on tables at bungalow. And night swimming at your mom's country house!....... You're like my sister. You know, and with our families. We need each other." She smiled whilst I stared at the pillar behind her, deciding what my next words may be.

I looked down onto the bar and smiled, " well you missed some classic Elenor Waldorf meltdowns, if it wasn't such a tragedy it would've been funny!..... actually it kind of was."

We both laughed in sync. " well, I wish I could've been there."

" you are now." I nodded and smiled.

I looked at my watch that shown the time, '8:45 pm' " i have to meet Nate, kind of have something special planned!" I jumped off my seat and started to pick up my belongings.

" well I don't wanna keep you,but um.." she stopped me and pulled me into a hug. "I love you, E."

" I love you too, S." I smiled as I pulled away, and headed towards the exit.

_______________
A text from gossip girl popped up on my cell, saying:

" spotted at the palace hotel: E and B having a heart-to-heart. Hm, why so thirsty, S?

You may have won over E for now

You may have won over E for now.. but we still think you're hiding something.

Later, gossip girl xoxo