rumour has it

The day was torture. The truth about the pregnancy tests, got sent to gossip girl. Now everyone knows. Crowd laughing. Being called names. I hated every moment of it.

Chuck and Nate had a fight after school, and I decided to head over to Nate's to talk.

His parents invited me in, and I sat on the office couch.

The door opened and closed loudly.

"What are you doing here?" Nate stopped.

"Your mom let me in.." I stood up.

"I didn't ask you how you got in, I asked why you came." He repeated.

"To talk... about us." I stated, hoping my words wasn't gonna cut off, since it burned my throat to try and talk.

"There's no us, Ella."

"Yes, there is. We finally really had a chance to start over!" I walked up closer to him.

"You know, all this time, I felt so bad for everything I've done. And when you said you wanted to leave the past in the past, but we're talking about your past." He responded, making a point. We are talking about my past.

"You had broken my heart, I made a rescission I was in no condition to make."

"But you're clear-headed now?"He yelled.

"Yes!" I answered.

"You'll understand perfectly when I say I want nothing to do with you." He ordered, "you and Chuck deserve each other."

"You know Chuck would twist the truth."

"But Jenny wouldn't." He replied.

"Jenny?"

"Don't go blaming any of this on her, Ella. I would've found out eventually. I said I'm done. It's over. Now would you please leave?"

I nodded, and left before any form of tears left my eyes.

—————

"Hey, E, what's up?" Serena entered the penthouse.

"I can't believe you told Jenny about me and Chuck."  She walked towards me.

"What? I didn't?"

"Because of her, everybody knows every detail about my private life, and now Nates not speaking to me." I stated.

"But, I told you E, I didn't tell Jenny, I don't know how she found out!"

"Did you tell Dan?" I asked.

"What?" She looked around the room, then blinked, guilty.

"You did. You told your low-rent boyfriend and he told his social-climbing sister, who wears my hand-me-downs, and she blabbed Nate." I yelled.

"I can't believe you're attacking Dan and Jenny!"

I stood up and walked towards her, "did you, or did you not tell him?"

"I did, but only because you weren't dealing with it.. and I wanted advice on how to help you!"

Lots of thoughts raced through my head. All at once. "I can't believe you don't get it.  The rules are different for the Serena Van Der Woodsen world. People expect you to party, be wild, sleep around, run away, come back."  I called out.

"Are we really going back there?" Serena questioned.

"You shot your reputation a long time ago. It doesn't matter what you do, but I'm a Waldorf."