Bad blood

"One more ladies." The photographer spoke as the flashing light shone in our eyes, as we posed.

"If you don't pull it together, I'm gonna go Naomi Campbell on you." I threatened the woman that held a piece of my dress, which was malfunctioned, so it looked better for the photo.

"Maybe Jenny can help you?!" Serena suggested as Jenny walked past.

"No, I'm fine thank you." I fiddled around with my dress, whilst Jenny spoke to the others.

"Serena, ms. Ehrlich needs to know how to pronounce that word in your statement. I assume it's a family name."

"Hey beautiful," Carter walked up to us, "what's wrong?"

" I didn't write this..my mother did." She read over the statement which her mother had wrote.

Blair snatched the piece of paper out of her hand, and read: "Serena hopes to continue to live on the Upper East Side, learn a life volunteering for the nature conservancy, and junior league." Make it stop! You sound like me."

"Serena where's Dan?" Jenny asked.

"He's not coming." She rolled her eyes, clearly something had happened between the pair.

Me and the girls  waited on one side of the staircase, with the boys on the other, waiting for our turn.

——————

"Hello, and welcome, to the annual dispensary Cotillion and the Debutante Ball." The words from Ehrlich echoed into the microphone, and the crowd cheered.

She read out each statement, one by one.
" Katia Farkas, daughter of Jonathan and Rose Farkas, escorted by Richard North, hoped to major in neuroscience, and will continue her family's legacy as supporters of the New York Public Library and Lincoln Center."
They walked up the stairs, and next up was Blair, and her random escort.

"Blair Cornelia Waldorf, daughter of Harold and Eleanor Waldorf, escorted by Marcus Smith, plans to be a member of Yales class of 2013. She will continue to summer in Southampton, and volunteer her time to children's charities." The crowd clapped as the pair exited.

Me and Nate walked in sync, stopping for the statement.

"Ella Maeve Waldorf, daughter of Harold and Eleanor Waldorf, escorted by Nathaniel Archibald, plans to continue her mothers career  as a model for vogue, and will volunteer in public activities, to raise money for charities." The cameras flashed as we both walked up the stairs.

Serena was partnered with carter; she didn't really have a choice.
"And now I'd like to represent, Serena Celia van der woodsen, daughter of committee member, Lilian Van Der Woodsen, granddaughter of chairwoman emeritus, Celia Katherine Rhodes, escorted by carter baizen. Miss Van Der Woodsen hopes to bed as many billionaires as she can, before settling down to.." The woman stopped, as they were many giggles, but also shocks in the crowd.

The pair exited up the stairs, as the statements finished.

—————-

The night was full of laughter, champagne, and dancing.

The group dance had begun on the ballroom floor, under the bright, gold chandelier.

I was originally dancing with Nathaniel, until the partners swapped, and I ended up with Carter.

"And now for someone with only one left foot." Carter chuckled.

Chuck overheard our conversation, and whispered to Nate, as he walked directly over to us to. With a furious look on his face.

"They might not know who you are, but I sure as hell haven't forgotten." He turned round Carter, preparing to throw a bigass punch.

"Nate what are you doing?" Carter fell to the ground, and all faces turned around to watch the scene.

Lots of escorts came running over, helping Carter, as me and Serena got hold of Nate.

"They ripped my dress!" Blair yelled as we all walked outside.

—————

The night was eventful, and some guests left early.

Chuck nodded to the DJ to play the song, and I walked over to him.
"Have you seen Nate?" I asked.

"Nate was asked to leave, but here I am." He smirked.

"I know that look." He started dancing with me, "that's a look when your plan falls into place. You're enjoying this." I scoffed,
"you knew Carter was going to my house.. you tipped off gossip girl, you ruined my cotillion on purpose."

I stopped dancing, and started chuckled. "You did this for your own enjoyment and didn't care what it'd do to me, which is why you and I could never work."

"Slow down there, Waldorf." He ordered.

"You make me sick!" I moved away from him slightly, " this thing between us, it's over." I started walking away. "For good."

——————-

Spotted: Chuck Bass, losing something no one knew he had to begin with.
His heart.

It's often said that no matter the truth, people see what they want to see.

Some people might take a step back and find out they were looking at the same big picture all along.

Some people might see that their lies have almost caught up to them.

And for me, I can see clearly now.

Xoxo gossip girl.