Mastermind

"Miss Ella." Dorota repeated, as she disturbed me from my sleep.

I took my emerald-green sleeping mask from covering my eyes, and looked directly at Dorota, who was opening my curtains.

"What's happening?" I sighed.

"You had a bad dream and you're sleeping with your chocolates." She pointed out.

"Oh, Lady Godiva. My only friend." I hugged my chocolates as I slurred.

"Club bed is over," Dorota kept nudging my arm, "First day back at school."

"I can't Dorota!! I don't feel very well-.." I lied, as I pulled the covers back over me.

"Serena come to get you soon."

"Call her, and cancel!! And cover my mirrors."  I ordered, as I closed my eyes, slowly falling back to sleep, "I'm in mourning for my former life."

————————-

"At least you get to wake up from your nightmare! I'm living with mine." Serena laughed, as we both walked down the street, heading to school, "thank god I have plans with Dan tonight. Finally the return of some normalcy!!"

I stopped outside the gates, as I could already feel eyes on me.

"E, what are you doing?" My sister asked.

" giving homeschooling some serious consideration." I sighed.

Serena grabbed my arm, with Blair on the other side, "Look, I know you think everybody's still talking about you, but your three-week-old scandal is ancient news. Did you even hear the dirt that happened over break?"

"Who would I have heard it from? Dorota?"

"Well, after much-concerted effort, Mya finally made it into Brodie Jenner's cell phone. Ugh." We all let out a chuckle, "oh, and Connie's dad moved her entire family back to England. And, Constance's Bad-girl-turned-good Serena Van Der Woodsen, moved in with Chuck Bass."

"So, you're thinking this whole thing could have blown over by now?" I asked, as S held out her hand for my sunglasses.

I removed my sunglasses, and Blair took my Hair accessory off of my head, "and that too!!"

We all walked into the school grounds, and I already had received Dirty looks from almost everyone I saw.

We all walked up the stairs, as I felt something drop into my hair.

I let out a little 'ah', and nearly tripped up the stairs.

The audience laughed, and i could feel my cheeks burning of embarrassment.

No no this isn't happening.

————-

The French Revolution had cake.

The American Revolution had tea.

But looks like the overthrow of Ella Waldorf, well... who said you need a silver spoon to dole out just desserts?

—————

It was a few hours after the disaster had happened, and the 3 of us were all sat on the met steps.

"I know this is hard, but you can't let them beat you. You're Ella Waldorf, remember?" She helped comfort me, as I sat with a hot chocolate in my hand, about to take a sip, "right."

"Right! These are my steps, and I'm not going to relinquish them without a fight, though, it would be helpful if maybe there was one more person in our crowd." I scanned around the area.