Arguments to apologies

Spotted. Serena Van Der Woodsen, caught at a local corner shop, with something surprising in her hands.

You got a lot of explaining to do S.

Xoxo gossip girl.

——————-

Rumours were spread that Serena is pregnant, even though she would've told us. You can't really live a private life in spotlight now can you?

Me, Blair, Kati, Is and their friends were all sat on the Met steps, drinking our hot chocolates, all wrapped up in scarfs and fashionable coats.

"Hi girls!" Little Humphrey walked up the met stairs, and sat down beside us.

"You're late." Blair spoke.

"I know, I had to drop some books off at the library, sorry."

"Would you do me a favour?" I asked.

"Anything!" She smiled.

"Move down a couple of steps.." I smirked, as I adjusted parts of my hair that were blown by the wind.

"You know, this whole hazing thing is getting old, don't you think, E?" Jenny looked right at me.

"First of all, the hazing stops, when I say it stops. And for future reference, only my friends call me E." I added.

"You know," she stood up, " I'm actually gonna go, got a lot of stuff to do before class!"

"Jenny!" One of the Waldorf-wannabes shouted.

"Please, she'll be back." I rolled by eyes as she walked away.

"Hey guys!!" Serena walked up the steps to us, but it was awkwardly silent, "I'm not pregnant!"

"Oh, cool!"

"Congratulations."

"Celebratory drinks after school!"

The other girls all said sarcastically.

"Ella, Blair, can I talk to you!" Serena asked.

"Of course! Excuse us a second." Me and Blair stood up in sync, as we walked down to Serena.

"Did you get my texts?" She panicked.

"Yes, of course I did, but!"

"You know I told Dan I'm not pregnant?"

"Yes, and I'm so happy for you! Close call huh?" We both shook Serena's hand.

"Are we really gonna play that old game?" Serena sighed.

"I've got no idea what you're talking about!" We both acted clueless, and confused, yet we knew exactly what she was talking about.

"You both act like you're in this movie about your perfect life! Then I have to remind you both, the only one watching is you both. You admitted that your period was late, E."

"Yes! I've been very stressed, I had that Chem test on Friday." I nodded.

"And you're acting like a total bitch because you're not hormonal?"

"Maybe I am a total bitch, did you ever think about that?" I admitted.

Serena reached into her bag and pulled out a pack of pregnancy tests, "just take the test, E."

"Stop it." I whispered as I pushed her hand away.

"Just take the test." She repeated, "you need to know if you and Chuck are gonna have a baby."

She handed me the tests, and headed back down the steps.

—————-

And for a scandal to really blow up? All it needs is an unexpected turn.

—————

I was layed on my couch, after a busy day of shopping, living the iconic Waldorf life.

There was a ping from the elevator, with footsteps following shortly after.

"Morning." Serena entered the penthouse.

I picked up a grape from the platter Dorota was setting up, "good morning, Miss Serena." Dorota smiled.

"Anybody notice the weather today? Take a look outside, E. My first response would be that the sky is a clear-blue easy."  She stated furiously.

Me and Blair gave each other confused looks, while Serena Stood with a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Dorota, you may be excused now." Blair dismissed, leaving Me, S and B together.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about you and Nate." Serena spoke, as she sat down on the arm of the chair.

"What did he say?" I sat up, fixing my posture, no clue what was happening.

"Nothing, Chuck did. When I went to see him because I thought maybe he could talk some sense into you."

"You had no right to do that." I glared at her, whilst Blair was across from us, with a blank expression on her face.

"I was trying to help you, E. I took a public bulletin for you. Let another rumour about me run rampant. The whole school heard, even Dan!" She yelled.

I swallowed, I had nothing to say. Blair had no idea about me and Nate, so of course Serena had to come and ruin it.

"What's going on?" Eleanor walked into the room.

Serena glanced at me, before turning around to my mother, "ask Ella. Her version of the story's always better." She grabbed her bags, and headed to the exit, and straight away, my sister, who I've never kept a secret from, looked devastated.

I messed up. Yet again, it's always me, isn't it? I messed up really,really bad.

——————

After the eventful breakfast, I went into my bathroom, and took the pregnancy test, then decided to call Serena, and apologise.

On the phone:

"Hey S, it's E, two things:  first, I'm sorry, about Dan, the gossip girl blasts, and about not telling you about Nate. You were just so hard about Chuck, and I didn't wanna be judged for sleeping with them both."

"I understand, apology accepted." I was shocked at her reply.

"That was fast, if I were you, I'd have made me work for it a little bit harder. And second thing, I took the test and I'm not pregnant!"

She squealed really loudly, making a man behind her nearly fall over from scaring her, "oh my gosh!! I am so happy! I would have no idea what to wear to a paternity hearing! Oh, clean slate!! Eeeeek! I'm so happy! See you at school!!"

I smiled and hung up. Thank god, that was over and done with.