12

The New York library.

Dinner finished, and the plates were cleared. A newly bloomed tulip plays with other flowers in  Jungkook's garden. A month has passed, summer is long gone and winter always lingers on the air, a full moon, full orange and gold, hung in the dusk beyond the library window. Stacks of books and stories has their own buildings in the huge shelf. Jungkook lingers by every wall, a beanie hiding his ears, woozy and warm. The sudden urge to visit the library and lost in the peaceful world has been consuming him for months.

"Son, the library will be closed soon, I am afraid they would close it without you noticing." The librarian catches Jungkook's attention, removing his eyes from the book he was reading ‘How to protect babies from internet’, Jungkook lifts his lips towards the chubby cheeked guy, probably around his dad's age.

"No problem sir, I mean, I prefer staying here anyway." Jungkook smiles at him. He wouldn't mind staying here over night at all. They have couch and stacks of books here and there. They have extra place to lay down and for people who prefers to read with their body on the floor. If anything, he can use a book as pillow too. The librarian laughs at him and turns back to playing candy crash on his phone, the tap against the screen pours in the room, Jungkook finds it some sort of comforting.

They shares a small smile and looks away, he goes back to reading to where it was. The door of the library opens and someone walks in, Jungkook doesn't pay attention and finds a place to sit. A long table with twelve wooden tables, multiple chandelier hung from the ceiling, the lights hurts Jungkook's eyes in a good way.

He winches from the sound when he pulls out a chair to sit, and the book he choose is "Song of Achilles." rests in front of him. It's almost 12 in the morning and Jungkook sends Yoongi a text, just to tell him he is in library even though he doesn't need to. Yoongi never complains or responses. He just comes to him when Jungkook needs him, and comes to him when he doesn't. Jungkook's fixes his sweater jacket over his body,

"MY FATHER WAS A KING AND THE S-" as he starts to read inside his mind, a voice interrupts him.

"Excuse me sir, by any chance, would you mind looking up if this library has 'MY DARLING DEAREST'." The voice is soft as sleep, and his hair is soft as sleep too.

Jungkook watches the librarian nodding gently and going over the computer. He is very sure it is Taehyung who is dressed in cotton sweater, brown and beige, his hair  has grown pretty long, the curls bounces around his ears and the boarder of his specs stuck on the corner of his ears, Taehyung waits for the librarian to find him the book and taps his feet against the floor.

It's been a month. Jungkook hasn't seen him, or heard from him. At some point he has started to force himself to think Taehyung never wants to see him again. Even though it did not bother him before, he could feel the indifference and foreign weight in his heart and stomach. It's been a month, and seeing Taehyung standing in front of him looking so soft, these seconds, half seconds, that line of their gaze connected when Taehyung too, turns around, are the only moment in month Jungkook felt anything at all.

"Tae, hi." So he calls out, the book is forgotten in front of him and a sudden swoop in his stomach, it's not soft, it's not warm or angry either. It's just there, something has been appearing for long time because really, does Taehyung really hate Jungkook for what he did?