25

Goodnight Kiss?

Chapter Text
"so, that was it?"

And it's so unusual. It's nine at night and Taehyung insisted staying out and Jungkook agreed even though his mind is still stuck on ice cream he forced Taehyung to share with himself. And Taehyung had the upper part while Jungkook inhaled the cone in one go.

But he never feels like. Like he doesn't want to get out of the car, in front of his apartment with a smiley Taehyung sitting on the driver seat with hair all over the place because Jungkook wanted to open the window.

Honestly, Jungkook doesn't know how to really explain it, he blames it on his lonely ass because he barely hangs out with someone, but spending a whole day, sharing ice cream and meals, the ice skate- it's different. And to think he did all these with the older, who never made him feel the pressure in his chest, instead he made him feel lighter as if ten pound from his chest has dropped and melted.

Now he can't fight back his mind, no matter now hard he tries to squeeze the aftermath out of his brain.

"Yeah, I guess." Jungkook breaths out like he has been underwater, it's so different. Yes it is different goodbyes than he has done with Taehyung before, "Are you going to go then?" He asks and feels silly afterwards, sillier because Taehyung is chuckling, eyes twinkling.

"Hm?" Taehyung tilts his head and Jungkook wasn't sure why he is so fucking concerned about going to his own apartment, "You want me to stay?"

"Of course not!" Jungkook replies almost stumbling with his words, then he rolls his eyes. Because why would he want Taehyung to stay?

"Then, wait." And it's so stupid. All those stupid, stomach crunching thought just disappears out of Jungkook's stomach. Fuck, gone.

He awkwardly sits tight on the seat as he watches with deer eyes, the older gets out of the car, fishing his keys out of his pockets and shaking the damn thing in his palm like how he has been shaking Jungkook's mind all day, here and there, everywhere. And how can he miss it?

a thud, and Taehyung opens the door on his side.

Jungkook doesn't know what is happening. His neck flushes with wave of stinging heat, his lips fluttering into open like form. Taehyung is standing in front of him, small smile and curious eyes because Jungkook has been still, sitting here like he is glued to his sit. It's always the littlest things.

"oh." He nods to himself few times, then another, "bye-then." And his voice is awkward, small and surprised.

Taehyung stands there with patient. His hair melts with the snow that has been falling for a week, nonstop as if it is ready to decorate the city with it's prettiness, white and whines with careful keeping. Winter is beautiful, Jungkook never liked it but it isn't bad.

"Goodnight, Gguk." Taehyung gives him space when Jungkook gets out of the car, carefully. And there is a silence, Jungkook nods and turns around, mind all fuzzy and free to go anywhere, he doesn't speak because his voice is caught, nonexistence as if he has forgotten how to speak.