Steps Forward

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Misako returned to an interesting sight.  Kirishima sitting on the bench with Bakugo standing next to him.  His arms were crossed, straining against each other as they trembled ever so slightly.  Todoroki was standing in the doorway into the dorm building.  
     Kaminari looks over quickly but Misako isn't paying attention to him.  It's pretty evident what she's looking at as her eyes bounce around right where Bakugo is, scanning over everything about him.  Kaminari sighs and moves past her as she slows to a stop.  Todoroki takes a step back, pushing open the door as he does to let the straw-blond through.  
     "What's going on?" Misako grumbles.  She glances at Todoroki briefly and then Kirishima, but her eyes make quick work to get back to Bakugo.  
     "Your dad told us-" he starts, his eyes fixated on her.  
     "Bakugo, don't," Todoroki cuts in quickly.  He huffs out a breath and then steps forward to walk over to them.  
     "She deserves to know, Todoroki," Kirishima mumbles.
     "Shut up," Bakugo snaps lowly.  His eyes never move away.  Somewhere deep within them, the sharpness they usually carry is buried, nearly gone.  "Your dad wants us to keep tabs you on you.  He's worried."  
     "When the fuck was that conversation?" Misako questions quickly.  
     "When you were passed out yesterday.  After the training, Recovery Girl checked you out and then he let you rest," Todoroki answers slowly.  
     "I'm perfectly capable on my own.  I don't need protection, thank you," she defends quickly, taking a step back.  To that, Bakugo takes two forward.  
     "It's not protection," he tells her smoothly.  "You've thrown up.  You shouldn't have, and you know it.  You were missing and you don't remember it."  

     "What?" Kirishima rattles, his head snapping upward from its hung position.  He stares at Misako for a moment, then glances over at Bakugo as his eyes twitch to narrow, but he looks back to her.  Her and Bakugo still have yet to look away from one another.  
     "We are only here to prevent you from fainting.  It is uncontrollable right now and that's dangerous," Bakugo continues.  "Kirishima was supposed to make sure you didn't go anywhere alone and he failed."  
     "I wasn't alone."  
     "Kaminari isn't going to feed you," Todoroki tells her.  "That's the issue."  Finally, she looks away, over at the man responsible for her split hair.  
     "Is that why he told me I needed to attend classes now?" she grumbles lowly.  Todoroki closes his eyes but Bakugo takes another step forward, drawing back her attention.  
     "Yes."  She closes her eyes and shakes her head slowly as her arms raise to hug herself.  
     "I'm sorry, Koa," Kirishima whispers.  She looks at him, but his head is hung even lower now.  "I'm so sorry."  
     "It's..." she starts before trailing off again.  Bakugo takes his final step forward as she leans into herself even more, her fingers gripping hard into her upper arms.  
     "C'mon," he mumbles, so quiet she hardly heard him.  She picks up her head but he's already moving to walk away past her.  She takes one last glance forward to the two boys she grew up with again before sighing lightly.  
     "We'll talk about this later."  Then she turns and walks briskly after him.