Sprawl

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     They day went by slow.  Bakugo could hardly keep his eyes open, and he was honestly surprised he didn't fall asleep during class even once.  They spent a lot of time exercising out in the courtyard that day, and that combined with seconds for lunch that he stole from Sero kept him awake long enough to get back to the dorms.  
     He hadn't slept well the previous evening.  Well, in all honestly, he hadn't slept at all.  He couldn't stop thinking about the chloroform.  That was such a powerful drug to have unfettered access to.  He couldn't even begin to wrap his head around the dangers that posed.  
     He bypasses the living room swiftly.  He was used to Midoriya calling out to him to stay downstairs, but it seemed even he had realized how tired Bakugo was.  The moment he got to his room, he changed into loose clothes and went straight to bed.  

     "Yeah.  They found chloroform in my blood."  Yamada's eyes fly open as he almost jumps out of his seat, stopped solely by Aizawa's lazy hand on his shoulder.  He was still waking up from his afternoon nap.  
     "My gods, Misako," Shinso grumbles.  "You really got fucked up."  She chuckles at him before picking up the piece of meat off the plate.  It was chicken, Yamada's amazing cameralized ginger recipe she was honestly obsessed with.  
     "Are you getting any treatment for it?" Aizawa asks quickly.  He wasn't much of one for concern, that professional mask never really leaving fully combined with his everpresent tiredness, but his haste let it show, even if just for a moment.  
     "There's nothing they can do," Misako explains after she finishes her bite.  "He said the levels were inconsistent, so they couldn't administer an IV properly because they don't know the dose."  
     "How long will it last?" Yamada questions.  His worry was not hidden in the slightest, bulging his eyes and leaning him forward.  Misako shrugs.  
     "Katsuki looked it up and it should've been gone already, so who's to say."  
     "You're not in allowed in my room," Shinso states immediately.  Aizawa pinches his gaze at his purple-haired son while Misako sticks out her tongue.  
     "Mine just got finished."  
     "Ohh, yeah," he hums as he glances up toward the mezzanine.  "I forgot they were almost done with it."  She nods cheerfully as she continues to eat.  A peaceful silence oversets the family as they all follow.  Misako couldn't help but watch the chives and diced onion in their chicken they ate with rice.  She thought it was funny how it looked so gross to her, even though Yamada had told her countless times it was the second-closest thing to heaven on earth.  

     They finished quickly, Shinso taking care of the dishes so he could watch TV on his phone and miss out on the first round of their card game.  Misako had offered to clean the kotatsu while the two men went to get whatever game they would play this week.  
     Yamada passes out the cards as Aizawa yawns.  
     "What's this one?" Misako asks as she picks up her deck.  She splays them, counting ten in total, with a variety of numbers and colors featured on the front.  
     "I don't remember," Yamada laughs.  
     "We found it at a thrift store a few days ago," Aizawa tells her as he slowly picks up his own deck.  "Do you want to tell her the rules, my love?"  
     "Yeah!" Yamada shouts, bouncing the sound off the walls as his quirk activated.  "There's 10 rounds.  You need to make different sets and... um, what are they called?"  He pauses to pick up the instruction sheet out of the box and unfold it onto the table.  "Runs.  Sets and runs.  Each round has a different requirement and once you meet the requirement, you can put it on the table, and then you can add to others on the table."  
     She nods as he goes over the less unique rules with how to exchange and discard things as the game moves along and how the point system works.  Once she finally understood it a bit, they begin.