Hold Me

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Her smile was sheepish when Bakugo opened the door.  It had been strange to go to bed without her in the room, but she'd stayed at her dads'.  
     "I'm really sorry about yesterday," she says quickly.  Bakugo steps to the side like he always did, but she was too focused on staring at the floor to notice.  "It ruined your test, and I'm sure you're getting upset with having to take care of me."  
     "Are you coming in or not?"  She picks up her head, now noticing him standing with his back against the door.  It was his usual stance when he was letting her in, and she smiles a little more genuinely as she ducks inside.  He shuts the door, hearing the lock swirl closed as he steps after her.  She glowed in the high noon sunlight drifting through the open balcony door, a soft, chilly breeze wafting inside.  
     "I hope I can make it up to you."  Bakugo had to stop himself from scoffing at the ridiculous statement, and it seemed all his willpower went there as he suddenly pulled her into a tight hug.  She squeaks, turning her head from between his chest and tugging arms so she could breathe.  He was as surprised as she was, frankly.  He hadn't even considered doing it, it just happened.  He knew he should pull away, step back, just get away from her, as per her advice so long ago, but now that he was here, he couldn't seem to manage.  
     Her arms slide along his sides and she settles them around his waist, holding him back.  He could feel her relax against him, her head laying into his skin.  
     "I don't mind," he tells her quietly.  He could feel it vibrate against her.  "Sorry," he mumbles as his self control finally kicks back in, making him open his arms out to let her go.  But she didn't, only pulling herself against him tighter.  
     "I never thought you'd hug me," she laughs in a whisper.  Her head pressed into him again and he took it as a silent request to move.  He sets his head back to stare at the ceiling, willing his heart to slow down as he sets his arms around her shoulders again.  
     "Yeah, me neither."  

     They stayed there for minutes on end.  Misako could've fallen alseep right there in his arms, surrounded by the soothing, almost scolding warmth of his skin.  She was an ice pack, drinking in the heat that could not stop rising in him.  
     Her arms pull back, her hands pausing and staying on his waist.  He opens his arms again and steps back out of her touch.  He stared down at her the same way she did up at him.  Why did he let her in?  Why did she let him in?  He couldn't make sense of it.  He was entranced by the way her abyssal eyes swam across his face, the way he felt when she was around him, the way he always wanted her closer.  
     Bakugo takes a step back, his footing unsure.  He didn't want to move away, but he knew he should.  She looks away, a dark wash moving across her face like watercolor.  She looked like a painting come true in his bright room, a loose shirt draping down her torso and her hero leggings hugging her hips tight.  The silver threads wove in glimmered every once in a while if they happened to catch the light.  
     "Um," she starts quietly, glancing away.  "I did actually come here to tell you something," she says with a small laugh.  "Got a... bit, distracted."  Bakugo could feel the heat simmering in his body again as he turns his head away, trying to take great interest in his plain wardrobe.  "Taiga is free today.  He wants to meet you.  If you're still, um—"  She clears her throat.  "—still interested in that work study."  
     "Oh.  Yeah.  The work study."  Misako picks up her head quickly, waving her hands in front of her.  
     "It's okay if you don't want to," she tells him quickly.  "I should've mentioned it sooner to you.  Sorry to bring it to you so last minute.  Please don't feel obligated to."