Chapter 17

Aditi was looking at Yug who was thinking something deeply. 

"Now are you going to tell me? what is it Yug is everything fine?" Aditi asked as Yug looked at her face. 

"Aditi, as time goes by, you will come to know a lot about me. My life is not simple like others. It is very complicated. My bade papa (father's elder brother) has a son named Abhay Pratap Singh. The thing is that I hate him not because he is my elder brother or something, but because he is an extremely cruel and arrogant person." Aditi looked at him confusingly as he stated further. 

"He is responsible for the murder of innocent people to enhance his reputation and control over the vulnerable population. Additionally, he is affiliated with the criminal underworld and has an extensive network. If he has strong negative feelings towards someone, he may take violent actions against them regardless of their gender. This is particularly devastating for women as they may have their lives ruined. He is a psychopath crazy for power. The company that emailed you is one of his companies. Aditi, it's better you stay away from him. I cannot afford to lose you."

Yug held both of her hand in his warm ones and looked into her eyes waiting for her reply. 

Okay, Yug. I won't be around him. If he touches me, he'll burn. But if you insist, I'll stay away." Yug hugged Aditi tightly and expressed his gratitude, "Thank you Aditi, for taking my advice." 

Aditi smiled and hugged him back.

 However, Yug's smile slowly transformed into a devilish grin. While still holding her, he thought to himself, "I've won, Abhay Pratap Singh. Aditi was always mine, and she will remain mine. You cannot take her away from me."

A few days later.

Aditi's POV

I'm truly fed up with Yug and his friends. They invited me to his success party just upon hearing my name. Why can't these people save some money and invite only those they know?

I've never met him, yet he invited me to a party where the only person I know is Yug. I had intended to cancel, but then Yug insisted I meet his friends. 

Once again, I find myself standing in front of my wardrobe, searching for something formal; perhaps a saree would be appropriate. I despise parties, but nonetheless, I spotted a saree Riya had gifted me and I immediately put it on.

But when I asked Vidhi about my appearance, she overwhelmed me with accessories and styled my hair into a bun. She is never satisfied with my simple appearance. 

I was about to leave my apartment when I got a text from Yug:

"I am waiting for you near the local shop. You can come whenever you are ready; we will go together."

Unknowingly I smiled at his text. He is such a sweetheart. 

Author's POV

Yug was lost in Aditi's beautiful eyes as he stared at her. Aditi blinked and took a deep breath, her heartbeat racing under his intense gaze.

"Yug we will get late. I think Uh......" saying this she pointed towards the main road. Yug came out of his thoughts. and started the car.

Aditi was texting Vidhi, oblivious to Yug's subtle glances in her direction. His gaze wandered across her face, eventually fixating on her lips, which were slightly parted and tinted a red wine color. 

Yug took a deep breath to calm himself. He yearned to kiss Aditi, yet she refused, asserting that she would partake in such intimacies only post-marriage. He found her views somewhat old-fashioned, but he respected her wishes and never pressured her.

They arrived at the party's entrance, and as Aditi was about to open her side of the gate, Yug stopped her and got out of the car. Aditi looked on in confusion as he walked around to her side. He opened the door for her and extended his hand with a gentlemanly gesture.

Aditi smiled towards him and held his hand getting out of the car. 

Will Yug manage to receive a kiss from Aditi? What drama will unfold at the party?

To know keep reading The Royal Tatva.

Please vote, comment and follow.