Barnes and Noble

~~~

It had been about a week since you and Loki talked in the library, and since then, things were easier. If either of you got bored, you would meet up in the library and just read with each other. And since no one else really knew or cared about your meet up spot, things became much more peaceful.

At some point you introduced him to your favorite series, and he had been reading them all week. Like all week. In the kitchen, in his room, in the library, etc. You were glad he enjoyed it as much as you did, but you were nervous he would ask for more recommendations, considering anything new scared you, so that was almost all you had in the way of favorites. 

Today you had a conference regarding Loki's status now that he wasn't being all' burny-burny-stab-stab' towards New York. No one wanted to go, but it would just clear things up for the press and last half and hour max. 

So you woke up and got ready, putting on a suit and some heels.

(Emma Watson inspo 🤌)

A knock on your door let you know it was time to go. You finished up and hurried to the door to see who knocked. Opening your door you saw Thor and Loki. Loki looked grim and worried while Thor looked giddy. As you walked out, you got by Loki's side to try to ease his worries.

"Hey, are you alright?" Grabbing his arm gently.

"I'm worried people will only see New York when they look at me. Thor said the conference would help, however, I can't help but believe it'll just make things worse, if that's even possible." Loki opening up to you become more and more common after the library.

"Thor is right, this'll make things better. You can't get kicked off. Sure there will be people who don't approve, but those who matter, don't mind, and those who don't matter, mind. So just be confident and don't light anyone on fire." You added the last bit in hopes to cheer him up. Thankfully it did.

"Thank you, dear." You watched as a smile threatened to creep up on his face.

~~~

Walking into the conference was a nightmare. Getting out of the car there were lines of reporters and photographers with flashlights and blinking camera lenses. Shouting washed out any chance of conversation with the team, who were right to next you.

The same thing applied for inside the conference room. Reporters and publicists lined the walls screaming 'Over here!' and 'Do you have a moment to talk?". Stuff like this gets overwhelming quick. You went over to Loki, his eyes were open in shock at the sheer number of people in the room. Thor said he was used to this because he'd been to so many royal meetings and event, but it was only at this moment you remembered he preferred to avoid those events. Damn.

"Lokes, it's okay, they'll quite down and he conference will go on quick. We'll be in and out okay?" You held his arm again to provide even a fraction of comfort.