Bonding

~~~

"Alex and Dunne are in jail. And her and Turner were taken out of the running. Dunne bribed and threatened Turner, so they're both out. Turner's not in jail, but he can't be in politics anymore. Shame, but thought I should let you know. You did good." Tony came into the medical room and hour later.

Loki nodded and thanked Tony, before nodding off to sleep again. You stayed by his side, before you landed back at the tower.

You helped Loki off the Quinjet and took him back to your room, helping him change clothes, and putting him on the bed with fresh tea and a book.

"Thank you dear." He kissed you, but looked sad still.

"What's wrong Loki?" His face fell.

"I don't like being like this. Helpless, and needing you to help with the smallest things." You titled your head, confused by his confusion.

"I like helping you Loki. You mean so much to me and I don't like you like this," You scoot closer to him on the bed.

"Hurt and in pain. So i'll help you till you don't hurt anymore. Are we clear?" Your attempt to sound menacing didn't go unnoticed.

"Crystal clear." He smiled and pulled you onto his side, the un-injured one of course, and held you close.

~~

(Loki P.O.V.)

I woke up and checked the time, 2 AM. I was thirsty and in much less pain than yesterday. I got up, trying not wake (y/n), and made my way the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and tried to keep quite, but a voice and separate clanking startled me.

"Can't sleep?" I heard Tony's voice say. I turned around to face him, and he was in pajamas, with a glass of water.

"Just woke up, you?" I asked. We never had one on ones, so this was a welcomed change.

"I almost never sleep. Insomniac and such." He took another sip of water, and walked towards the sink.

"Need anything?" He asked me.

"Nope, just something to put me to sleep." I laughed and so did he.

Progress.

"Come with me real quick." He waved his arm and started towards the lab.

Walking in, the lights were all on, and I blink back a bit to adjust to the brightness. He led me over to a board with several equations, some crossed off, and other covered in red marker and strange sloppily written words.

"I can't figure this out, and since you're the brains to the brawn, I thought you could help me out?" He made it seem like a question rather than a command, which I appreciate, but chalked up to the early hour mindset.

I walked up to the board, and picked up a piece of chalk. Tony joined me and started erasing some to make room.

Ten minutes later, we had taken up the board with a whole new problem, and solved it completely.

"Damn." Tony said, breathing out a bit, and having F.R.I.D.A.Y. analyze it.

"By morning I'll know if we're geniuses, or are horrible at reading equations. Thanks Horns." He patted me on the back and turned to his computer.

"Of course Tony. Goodnight." I said, slipping out of the lab.

Tony sat there at his computer, tired but happy. He called me Tony, he thought. Smirking a bit, he got back to work.

~~~