Test Drive

~~~

Entering the lab, a new determination flooding your system, and several cups of coffee, you started scribbling on a piece of paper, and moving over to the board.

It was only 5 AM, and you were sure Loki would come looking for you, and the other would be confused at your early rising, but brush it off. Yo';d get hyper fixated on something ever so often, and they found it better to go along with it and encourage it, then stop you.

After a few minutes of jotting down equations and going through numerous theories in your head, you'd done it. And just in time to.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND- Oh." Tony came running into the room, Loki not far behind, screaming.

"Well there yah go. See I wasn't worried at all. I knew we'd find her." Tony smiled calmly, and left.

"Darling you scared me." Loki ran to you, taking your face in his hands, examining the dark circles under your eyes.

"Did you get any sleep last night? And how long have you been here?" He asked, kissing the tip of your nose.

"I've been up since 5 dear." Loki smiled a little. You never used nicknames on him before.

"And no, I didn't get any sleep. Because who needs that when you can have answers?" You shrugged, turning back to your board to show Loki what you'd done.

After he'd studied the board for a moment, his eyes widened.

"Loki what's wrong? How bad of a mistake did I make?" You were confused and staring looking at the board more closely.

"You didn't do anything wrong, that's the problem. I'm getting Stark, stay here." You stood there a little shocked. But mostly proud. Good job me.

~~~

Stark came in,

"I don't think that's right, you must've looked wrong."

Then everyone came in.

"Really hope I didn't screw up now." You muttered under your breath.

Tony picked up his glasses while the team eyed you all, trying to figure out why they were being awoken and brought to the lab, and not to breakfast.

ADHD spree?

Wanda was in your head, so you turned to see her head slightly titled.

Yurp!

You said back, smiling for yourself.

"Holy shit." Tony said, covering his mouth and removing the glasses.

"(y/n)," Tony said seriously, "Since when did you become an expert in quantum reality?"

"Last night."

Bruce took a look at the board.

"This could work but we'll have to heat the power source to 120 million kelvin to break through the Coulomb barrier."

"Unless, we figure out how to stabilize the quantum tunnel, then we can control the amount of energy that goes in and out, without destroying everything." You interjected.

"You stole my thing?" Tony was smirking, he seemed proud too.

"100% percent." You placed your hands on your hips. "Just like our estimated success rate."

Needless to say you held your head high all day.

~~~

After breakfast with a side of 'what was that?' and 'how the hell did you learn all that' you went to your room to catch up on some much needed sleep.