End the chase

~~~

The next day passed with a ton of grumpy children complaining to you, and about you.

"When will it end!" Peter screamed in agony from his room.

"I just wanna study for my finals!" He continued screaming. You heard similar things from the others, and most everybody else just laughed with you. Aside from one.

"Hey Elsa, wanna see what else we can freeze in the tower?" Pietro asked. The two of you barely hung out, but when you did, it was always fun. And by fun I mean, he ended up with a class a injury, and you came out with a massive serotonin boost.

You followed Pietro to the lab, 'the place for experiments' he said. Starting small with a mug, freezing and un-freezing it, you quickly moved to bigger things. 

"Try this." Pietro said, straining to pick up a scrap piece of metal.

"I don't know... Frost may not cover all of it... I don't know how much more I can freeze over you know?" He shrugged it off,

"Don't worry, if you fall, I'll catch you." He said with a wink. You rolled your eyes and focused on the piece. Placing your hand over the already cold metal, you allowed the chill to leave your palm, and engulf the metal. It was slow but sure. Eventually enough as covered that the frost already there could finish the job. 

Pietro laughed and high-fived you. A few seconds later you started to feel a little nauseous and tired. Turning to the ice, ready to get rid of it and leave, you saw that it was spreading too far.

"Shit, Pietro look!" You pointed at the floor around you. The tile started to frost over, and slid under Pietro before causing him to slide a little.

Focusing again, you tried to retract the ice, but it wasn't fast enough.

"I'll be back, try and keep it contained!" Pietro yelled before speeding out the doors to get help, you assumed. Giving it your all, some of the ice creeped back to it's origin, and some of it was quick to flow back to your palm. Turning around, you saw more ice behind you, stretching towards the door. 

Desperately, you tried to pull it back, but it wasn't working. You grew tired all over again, and your legs almost gave out below you. Putting both of your hands up, you kept trying. Just as you were about to stop, and pay Tony back for a new lab, Wanda and Loki came running. Wanda made barriers around the room so it wold creep up too far. Loki worked on taking the ice back. How was he doing that? You thought.

Your knees buckled under you due to the pressure, and you collapsed to the floor. Letting go of the hold you had on the ice around you, Wanda had contained the ice lining the walls, leaving a red outline over the frost. She held the outline there while Loki worked on transferring the frost into a small contraption Tony must've given him. 

Your hands were covered in frost, and you were literally freezing over. The ice around the room was gone and Loki ran over to you. He saw your hands,

"(y/n)- oh dear..." He said, before getting Wanda,

"Get Bruce please." He quickly turned back to you, taking your hands in his. Worried about him, you tried to tell him you'd give him frostbite or something, but the words wouldn't come out. Before you tugged your hands away, your hands started to thaw, and Loki's turned... blue? It wasn't like he took the frost from yours, it was like there was a whole new color. You saw small engravings on his wrist were the blue had slowly drifted to.

Once your hand was fully thawed, he saw the curious look on your face as the blue dissipated from his own hands.

"What was that?" You finally asked, once you were no longer light headed.