Affections

~~~

The whole dinner, Thor would snicker, or say something under his breath, whenever you and Loki talked or even looked at each other. You were confused and Loki was annoyed. Thor was usually peaceful or tame when it came to bothering his brother. He would never do it on purpose, so what the hell was going on?

~~~

(Loki's P.O.V.)

Thor had convinced himself that I was jealous of Dr. Strange. Of course I wasn't, why of all people would he be a worthy opponent? And why would he think I liked (y/n) enough to be jealous? But of course that thought came after. 

Dinner passed by after Thor probably bruised my side the amount of times he felt it necessary for him to jab me. I cleaned up in the kitchen, and headed to my room, in need of some desperate alone time. I'd like to believe the team trusted me enough to not think I was trying to murder them every waking moment, and I hoped they knew I felt the same.

Walking into my room I put the lights on, and changed my clothes, before 'flopping' onto my bed, as the spider-child put it. 

After laying there for a few moments before growing bored of my room, I decided to venture off to the library. That place had been my only cure for boredom in the whole tower, considering I couldn't leave. It was also somewhere I needed to visit in order to figure out this whole ordeal.

I made my way to the elevator, and through the hallways. The Tower was so much smaller and comfortable that the Palace. (Y/n) would always complain about the white walls, grey furniture and modern appliances, often expressing the Tower had 'no life'. But compared to the ornate details sprinkled in every corner of the Palace, the ability to actually be able to touch things in the Tower without fear of being scolded for nearly ruining a 'one of a kind' piece was new, but nice. 

I stride between tall shelves, and reach the warm glow of (y/n's) face- the fireplace. The warm glow of the fireplace.

"Hey, you alright?" She looks up from worried gaze at the flames.

"I'm quite fine actually," Lie.

"My brother was just jesting earlier about something I said." Lie.

"Oh of course, sibling love." She smiled gently before zoning out again on the fire. I focused on her eyes, and the way they glowed at the sight. (Y/n) was given the rare gift of cryokinesis and yet she looked longingly at the flames even though they may extinguish her. Curious

I sat down on the chair next to hers trying to get as close as possible. The library was cold and body heat was necessary. Obviously. Her features allowed a small smile to creep as I sat. She turned to face me with her legs crossed. I adjusted the same time she did, and our faces nearly met, only inches apart. I watched her look up and realize out proximity. My breaths hitches. Every detail I've had to observe from a distance I could now so clearly see was right there in front of me. Her breathing quickened. (Y/n) was living proof that there were no other beings in existence that were so uniquely breathtaking just as she was. She could've been dressed in a cloth sack, and it would still compliment her somehow. Maybe make her (e/c) eyes pop, or her (s/c) skin glow. Her eyes drifted to my lips and I felt my heart skip a beat. I moved my face a little closer, if that was even possible. She brought her hand up to the side of my face, and just as her palm met my cheek, my breath sped up, and I no longer knew what was real.

This for sure wasn't. 

I jumped up to a sitting position in my bed, with my breathing fast and heavy, the lingering feeling of (y/n) hand on my face, as if it really happened. Why didn't I kiss her sooner? Why couldn't I have taken control of my own dream? You moron.