~Chapter 1~

Rose

I sighed as I looked at my reflection in the mirror, noticing the odd difference from my normal appearance. Mustering the beautiful dark brown wig, which was replacing my usual light brown hair, a strange feeling started to overcome me. My daily make up wasn't the same either and contact lenses hid my natural eye color too, making me look like a whole different person. Why did I agree to this again?

"You look good!", a familiar voice chuckled behind me, making me turn around.

"That's not me! I look completely different!", I exclaimed as Mina approached me.

"You're still cute!", the elder pinched my cheeks as I just groaned and removed her hand.

"Get your bag now, we have to go soon."

I rolled my eyes and picked up my backpack from my desk. Taking one last glance in the mirror, I headed to the kitchen, where I was already greeted with the other two females. I almost hadn't recognized both of them if I hadn't known who they were. The stylists really did a great job in teaching us how to do our mask ourselves.

I closed my eyes as I sat down at the dining table, trying to think of the positive sides of that decision. None of us understood why our parents were insisting so much on this condition that they even signed an own contract for it, guaranteeing that we would for sure fulfill their wish. It was complete nonsense to send us to school for one year after dropping out of it to train and become idols. Why would we even need it if we already had our jobs and fulfilled our dream?

I sighed once again, not being able to find even one positive thing about the upcoming year.

"You're really not liking this huh?", Jia chuckled and set down a strawberry milk on the dining table in front of me, while I opened my eyes again.

"No not at all.", I took a sip of the pink colored drink and mustered my best friends. All of them didn't look a bit like before, it was almost as if we were in different bodies.

"Same here. I don't get why we should go study if we could go on tour instead. It would be so much more fun!", Ari looked up from her phone, having the same thoughts as me.

"I would rather do something different too, but you know we all promised our parents to do it. It was their only condition for letting us train and become kpop idols.", Mina shared some glances with us, making me sigh again.

She was right. Our parents were supporting us everywhere they could and their one and only condition was for us to graduate after debuting. They had done everything for us and it would not only be disrespectful but also not right to not fulfill their wish.

"Alright. Let's get this over with!", I stood up and slung the backpack over my shoulder.

We made our way towards the bus station as it would be weird for scholarship students to arrive with a personal driver. Our company really had done everything for our identities to be protected and paid the school to admit us as scholarship students, which was smart but another fact that annoyed me. I didn't want to fake and lie about my appearance or personality and I hated that we just couldn't attend school as Angelic. I knew that it would be problematic but so many other idols were going to school without hiding their identities, so why did we have to?

I sat down next to Jia at a seat for two, Ari and Mina sitting down on the row in front of ours. We still talked a little about our behavior in school and things we had to be cautious of such as bullies, fights and the popular kids. In general it was better to not make any friends and just stay among the four of us.

A sudden wave of nervousness washed over me as I stepped out of the bus and saw all of those rich students walking around in normal school uniforms, but decorated with expensive jewelry and other accessories. I hadn't been one of the most popular kids in my last school, in fact people loved to pick on me and the image of all those teenagers made my anger fly away and replace it with anxiety. I just wanted to get back to the company and practice or write songs the whole day like we usually did.