Tʜᴇ Bᴏʏs Nᴀᴍᴇ

The boy was leaning against the light blue counter, giving me a playful look. "Ya need something? Why you here again?"

"It's none of your business." I said with annoyance. "I'm here for items."

"Like what?" He asked.

"I didn't pick it yet, you fool!" I shouted angrily, walking through aisles while I still hear that boy's voice echo through my head.

—————

My hands laid on the counter and I saw him on his phone, scrolling through tiktok. "Hey." I called.

"Hm?" He asked, putting his phone down.

"Do you have ohagi?"

"Yeah, I do." The boy exited the counter and lead me to the aisle where the ohagi were. "You like ohagi, huh?"

"My brother does." I replied. "And how much would this be?"

"Maybe 5 dollars." He shrugged.

—————

I gazed at him and he was fast with his movements. His eyes were so fast. Scanning the items so quickly and putting it into the bag. "Uh, slow down ther—"

"Hm?" He asked, sliding the bag toward me. "I've been here for a year."

"That's not what I sai—"

"I know how to do this." His thumb pointed to his chest.

"That's why your so fast..." I whispered quietly, looking down on the counter. "What's your name?"

"Muichiro Tokito." Tokito replied.

"Genya Shinazugawa." I replied back.

"You're a stranger, I don't know why you need to know my name."

"I know, but you seem so—"

"Come back tomorrow!" Tokito smiled, cutting off my sentence. "My shop closes at 6:00pm on Sundays, so I don't expect you to come back later."

~Mᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ POV~

"Mother?" I took off my apron and hung it up on the hook when I came home.

I had a big house with 2 floors with an attic and a basement, but it never seemed to bother me because I only stay in my room and go work at the store back and forth.

The telephone rung and my mother said for me to answer it myself.

"Hello?" I whispered quietly.

'Are you okay there? It's me, Yui'

"It's fine..."

'Can you please come over??'

I glanced back at my mother on the couch, and she was drinking some alcohol.

"Y-You know I can't do that, Yui!"

'Shoot...'

I shook my head and I let out a sigh. I was slowly giving up on meeting my older brother again.

"I have to go... I gotta make dinner real quick, okay? Call me at"—I looked at the clock—"7:00, okay?"

'Bye, Mui.'

I wiped the tears off my cheek and put the telephone where it supposed to be.

"Make dinner!" Mother shouted at me from the couch.

I walked to the kitchen and my eyes glanced around quickly, wondering what I should cook for us.

My mother was an alcoholic and my twin had to be separated from me. He's with father.