ꜰʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

"Where the hell were you these past couple days?" Alex asked while eating a snicker bar. I am glad I wasn't allergic to peanuts.

"At home, why?" I asked, leaning over the counter. "I'm sorry, I had to skip work because there was important stuff happening at my house."

"What the hell is that?" Alex pointed to my wrist, looking flabbergasted. "Looks like it's bruised, Tokito."

I rolled my eyes. Two people already asked me that kind of question already. I didn't want to answer because I can't just say I got beaten up and my wrists got tied up until my twin found me.

"Tokito, did somebody do something to you?" Alex asked again, his voice filled with worry.

"Stop, no one did." I walked out the counter and flipped the sign to "Open". I finally had the feeling of being a cashier again.

"Or did you just draw on yourself?"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up.." I whispered before seeing someone walk into the store. "What the hell are you doing here?" I saw Genya.

"I saw you on the news, Tokito." Genya said to me, walking toward the counter. "What happened over at your father's house.??"

".. I trust you, so I'll tell you.." I mumbled, glancing at Alex to see if he was watching and listening. "Go to the back, Alex." I said to Alex. He wailed. "So.." I began, looking at Genya with my cold blue eyes that are dead. "My father has been blindfolding me, tying me up and abusing me in the basement."

He looked confused, but terrified. "The hell is wrong with your father.." his breath was shaky.

"Well, I'll tell you the reason." I whisper-yelled. "My father was homophobic, I think you know the rest of it."

"was it because I kissed you.?" He asked, looking guilty for what he did. "I'm sorry that I led you into that, Tokito."

"No, it's fine, I should've rethought that my father would find out about it." I gave a small nod, giving a reassuring look. "I know how my father is. Drunk, but smart. Abusive. Did you come here just to ask me that.?"

"Yes, to make sure your okay." Genya touched my hand. He smiled.

I did also. "Thank you, Gen. I love you."

—————

"I'm fine now.." I said to my therapist, finally smiling a little bit instead of looking so miserable. "My father got arrested and I'm finally free."

Dr. Maki let out a small chuckle. "I'm so proud of you for staying strong. I was hoping the best for you, Muichiro."

"Thank you." I nodded. "I always wondered what it would be like without my father and just live free with my brother. We both always wanted time together but it never seemed to... happen."

".. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that." Dr Maki wrote down some stuff on her notebook. "Again, I'm so proud of you. You did so great throughout your challenges. Please do not ever self harm yourself again, you'll never get out of it."

I nodded and got up from the small couch. "I'll probably see you in a couple of weeks. I promise you, I'll get better."

What a happy ending.