ꜰʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋs ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜᴄᴋs

aKNYRoleplayer

I was sitting on the grass, and Genya was beside me. I met up with Genya today to talk about Alex, the new worker at my store. Well, since I know him more better, I was the one explaining bad things about Alex, even though I am not that type of person talking behind peoples backs.

We saw swans and ducks swimming around as Genya and I were both talking. We both knew we were going here, so I brought wheat, oats, and cracked corn. I thought that was enough, so I didn't bring any other type of food with me.

Since I was the one bringing the food, Genya didn't.

—————

"Why the hell would somebody beat someone up for just a dirty look.?" I asked, while tossing the food in the water so the ducks could eat it.

"Exactly." He facepalmed with annoyance. "I had a nose bleed for 4 hours yesterday."

My eyes widened, "What..?"

"He fuckin' punched me, what do you expect??" Genya rubbed his nose bridge.

Now I felt bad. I fidgeted with my fingers and my head lowered. "Sorry," I mumbled. "Alex could be cruel."

"I hate him already." He said, with a groan.

"I.. could tell." I whispered, my eyebrows raising. "Let's just give it.. a week?"

"I don't care." He said, apathetically. "I don't care about him, I don't care about your guys' business."

"Oh." I said with surprise. "Sorry for even bothering, then."

He grabbed the bag of food and tossed the food in the water, watching the ducks eat it. He glanced at me with a smile.

"I.. like your smile." I whispered, not knowing what I said just now, but I wasn't embarrassed at all. He never smiles around me, and I heard, the people who don't smile, has the best smile ever.

"I like yours too, I guess..?" He scratched the back of his head, and he blushed.

He blushed ever since the beginning.

I smiled back and I giggled, covering my face. "No you don't.."

"Yes, I do." His hand rested on my back. "Show me your smile."

I smiled at him and asked, "Should we continue feeding the ducks?"

—————

The food bag was out, and hours past by. Genya and I were both done feeding the ducks and the swans.

I looked up and noticed the sun was going down, and it was getting dark, but I saw a beautiful orange color in the sky. I tried not to cry.

ꜰʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

"ʏᴜɪ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ!" ᴍʏ ꜰɪɴɢᴇʀ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ, sʜᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʏᴜɪ ʜᴏᴡ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs. ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs sᴏ ᴏʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ.
"sᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ." ʏᴜɪ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ɢᴀsᴘᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴡ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs.
ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ 5 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴛᴀʏ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ!
"ʟᴇᴛ's ɢᴏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ!" ɪ ʀᴀɴ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴄʀᴇᴛᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴜɪ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙɪɢ sᴍɪʟᴇ.
"ɪᴛs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ ʀᴏᴄᴋʏ!" ʏᴜɪ ᴇxᴄʟᴀɪᴍᴇᴅ, ᴊᴜᴍᴘɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. "ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴍᴇ!"

ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

"You okay?" Genya held my hand, and he looked at me with a hint of concern.

"Uh-huh." I nodded, my free hand was fidgeting. I didn't want to show my emotional side, so I looked up at the sky with a faint smile.

"Doesn't look like it." He said. "How about let's go now? You wanna go home where your alcoholic mother is.?"

"No.." I shook my head quickly, seeing a concrete path between the grass. Rocky, and it was familiar to the same path I went down with Yui when we were both 5.

When it comes to me and Yuichiro's memories together, my heart breaks and I shatter.

"Let's go down that path..!" I said to Genya, waiting for him to run down the path with me.

We both ran down the path, and I smiled the same way I did a long time ago. Big, and genuine.

"It's a little bit rocky, y'know?" Genya scoffed, his grip on my hand tightening.

My eyes widened at the realization, thinking about my flashbacks again. Well, I remembered some other flashbacks.

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ʏᴜɪ?" ɪ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ, ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅs ʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʟᴀᴘ.
"ʟᴇᴛs sɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏʙ ᴀ sᴛᴏʀᴇ." ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀ-ʏᴇʟʟᴇᴅ. "ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴄᴀɴᴅʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴜᴍ!"
"ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ.." ɪ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ ɢᴀsᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ sʜᴏᴄᴋ "ᴛʜᴀᴛs ʙᴀᴅ!"
"ᴄ'ᴍᴏɴ, ᴍᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ!" ʏᴜɪ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ, ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ʜɪs ꜰᴀᴄᴇ. "ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴇᴛ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴄᴀɴᴅʏ! ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴍᴇ!"
"ꜰɪɴᴇ, ʟᴇᴛs ɢᴏ." ɪ ɢʀᴀʙʙᴇᴅ ʜɪs ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ.

"I knew that." I whispered, the rocky path ending. I thought the path was longer than this.

I then thought that this was maybe the same path Yui and I ran on. He lives 30 minutes away now, and he used to live with us but he got separated from me.

—————

I laid down on Genya's plush bed when we both went to his place. I didn't ask permission to lay down, but I was just so exhausted thinking about the memories I had, when I know, Yui will never come back to me.

"What's wrong?" Genya asked, sitting on the chair next his desk.

"Nothing." I whispered, my arm laying on my forehead. I was stressing, and I tried so hard not to fidget with my fingers.

"Clearly something is wrong with you."

I sighed, and I sat up. My head lowered, and I played with the ends of my hair. "I keep thinking about Yui.." I explained quietly.

"And what about him?"

"I just keep..." I paused. "thinking about the good moments I had with Yui when we were both young.. and before mother and father became alcoholics."

"Why.?"

"I don't know.." I whispered. "Well, maybe the scenery is familiar to me."

"Which is?" He asked.

"The orange sky, and the rocky path." I replied. "The same thing Yui and I did when we were both younger.. too bad we're both separated."

Hopefully we see each other again.