ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

"I didn't get the chance to know your name.." A small smile formed on my face.

"It's Alex." Alex replied, opening the back door and walking me outside.
(Fuck I couldn't think of any)

"Great name, by the way.." I sighed, hopping onto my bike.

"You have a bike??" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, why..?

"Cool." He replied like he was chill, his hand grabbing the handle of the door. "See ya tomorrow?"

"12:00." I nodded, starting to petal and drive my bike back home where my alcoholic mother is. It always causes a disaster.

—————

The next morning, I was already dressed, and I always knew mother wasn't awake at this time. It was 8:00a.m. and there was 4 more hours until I had work at my store.

For the morning, I was planning on going to the coffee shop to clean my mind and wake up. Coffee sounds good for the morning, right? Thats what people usually do to wake themselves up for the day.

20 minutes later, I was walking down the concrete sidewalk, completely focusing on my phone. I was scrolling on TikTok because I was bored, and yeah, I could be stupid sometimes with my steps.

I bumped into someone by accident, and my phone dropped to the ground. Hopefully, it didn't break.

"Are you alright.??" The person asked. A familiar tone.

"My phone isn't.." I picked up my phone and flipped it over to see that it isn't cracked. It was fine.

"Get up."

I got up, seeing a familiar face. I'm not good with guessing and memorizing faces, but I realized it was the person I saw a couple days ago.

"Tokito?" Genya looked embarrassed, turning around to avoid me.

I wonder why he avoids me all the time, is there something wrong.? Of course.

"Were you going the same place as me?" I asked quietly, tapping his shoulder. "The coffee shop?"

"Yes." He replied, scratching the back of his head. "Should we—"

"Uh-huh." I wrapped my arm around his and startled him, walking toward the coffee shop door.

—————

"When was the last time we talked.?" I started the conversation, sitting at the table across from Genya.

"When you were at my house." He replied, taking a sip of his frappe. "Do you even remember that?"

"Uh-huh.." I nodded, my hands wrapping around my Caramel Macchiato. "Sorry, I didn't realize it was 12:00, that was when my store opened."

"Nah, it's good.." He sighed.

I started fidgeting with my fingers, and my lips parted. "Maybe I could visit again," I began. "My mother is uhm.."

"What happened over there?" He asked. "At your house?"

"My mother is an alcoholic." I replied with uncomfortability. I was fidgeting with my fingers. "I had to be separated from my father and my brother."

"Why?"

"I don't know!" I was getting angry at this topic, I tried my hardest to bring Yui back from our father, but he keeps denying it!! "You don't even know what it's like, okay.?" I crossed my arms and tried not to act so extra, but do you know how long this has been going on for? This isn't normal, he's my sibling, and we supposed to stay together!

"Alright then.." Genya sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that, I guess. You deserve better."

"Can I stay over?" I asked, my head dropping down on the table.

"My brother will be mad at me, just hold on." He took out his phone and his thumb was tapping the screen like he was texting someone. Maybe his brother, because he may be strict about me coming over again, it's like he hated me. He said 'you're not good enough for my brother!'.

—————

"You look familiar.." The barista squinted their eyes. I was leaning against the counter and I was about to pay her.

"Hm?" I hummed. "Who looks like me.?"

"I saw the exact same person." The barista explained, with a surprised face. "Do you have a twin?"

"Uh-huh.. why?"

"Wow, he comes here everyday." The barista chuckled, their hand slamming the counter.

My eyes widened. Does he really bike here for 30 minutes just to get a coffee? Because just a while ago, he said he can't bike for that long. What a liar. Picking coffee over your own twin brother.

"Have a nice day, sir." The barista nodded, taking the money.

—————

"What was she talking about?" Genya asked, walking out the coffee shop with me.

"My twin brother." I replied. Oh gosh, now he's going to ask questio—

"You have a twin brother?" He asked.

I facepalmed, "Yes, I do.. guess I never told you that.?"

"Nah, you didn't."

"Well, I'm going to tell you now." I said. "I have an older twin brother. I told you some part of him, we both had to get separated. He's with father, I'm with mother."

"Yeah, you told me tha—"

"I answered your goddamn question." I said with annoyance, pushing him away.

ᴀɴʏ ʀᴇsǫᴜᴇsᴛs ᴏɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅᴏ ɴᴇxᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ?