Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Chapter 4

APARTMENT BUILDING - AMIDALA'S APARTMENT

(Y/n and Anakin look as Padme and Jar Jar talk, standing near the door of the anteroom to Padme's bedroom. Dorme moves about packing luggage)

Padme: I'm taking an extended leave of absence. It will be your responsibility to take my place in the Senate. Representative Binks, I know I can count on you.

Jar Jar: Mesa honored to be taken on dissa heavy burden. Mesa accept this with muy muy humility and da...

Padme: Jar Jar. I don't wish to hold you up. I'm sure you have a great deal to do.

Jar Jar: Of course, M'Lady.

(Jar Jar bows and goes out. Padme walks briskly to Y/n and Anakin. She is in a very bad mood)

Padme: I do not like this idea of hiding.

Y/n: Yeah, I can see that... But you don't need to worry, now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won't take Obi-Wan long to find this bounty hunter.

Padme: I haven't worked for a year to defeat the Military Creation Act not to be here when its fate is decided!

Anakin: Sometimes we have to let go of our pride and do what is requested of us. 

Padme: Pride?!? Annie, you're young, and you don't have a very firm grip on politics. I suggest you reserve your opinions for some other time.

Anakin: Sorry, M'Lady. I was only trying to...

Y/n: Annie, just don't...

Anakin: Please don't call me that.

Y/n: What?

Anakin: Annie... 

Y/n: I've always called you that... since when did you start disliking it?

Anakin: It's Anakin. When you say Annie it's like I'm still a little girl... and I'm not.

Y/n: Sorry, Anakin. It's impossible to deny you've...

(He looks her over)

Y/n: ...that you've grown up.

Padme: She truly has grown up, both of you have.

(Padme smiles at Y/n and Anakin. Anakin becomes a little shy)

Anakin: Master Obi-Wan manages not to see it...

Padme: Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like.

Y/n: I agree with Padme, it's the only way we grow.

Anakin: Don't get me wrong... Obi-Wan is a great mentor, as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Y/n: Debatable...

(He whispers to himself)

Anakin: I am truly thankful to be his apprentice. Only... although I'm a Padawan learner, in someways... a lot of ways... I'm ahead of him. I'm ready for the trials. I know I am! He knows it too. But he feels I'm too unpredictable... Other Jedi my age have gone through the trials and made it... I know I started my training late... but he won't let me move on.

Padme: That must be frustrating.

Anakin: It's worse... he's overly critical! He never listens! He just doesn't understand. It's not fair!

(Y/n and Padme cannot suppress a laugh. Y/n shakes his head)

Y/n: Sorry... You sounded exactly like that little girl I once knew, when she didn't get her way.