Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Chapter 4

Naboo Spacecraft

(Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Capt. Panaka, and the little blue droid stand before Queen Amidala and her three handmaidens, Padme, Eirtae and Rabe)

Capt. Panaka: ...An extremely well put together little droid. Without a doubt, it saved the ship, as well as our lives.

Amidala: It is to be commended... what is its number?

(The little blue droid lets out a series of bleeps. Capt. Panaka leans over and scrapes some dirt off of the side of the droid and read the number)

Capt. Panaka: R2-D2, Your Highness.

Amidala: Thank you, Artoo Detoo. You have proven to be very loyal... Padme!

(Padme bows before the Queen)

Amidala: Clean this droid up the best you can. It deserves our gratitude...

(She looks at Capt. Panaka)

Amidala: Continue, Captain.

(Capt. Panaka looks nervously to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon)

Qui-Gon: Yor Highness, we are heading for a remote planet called Tatooine. It is a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation. There we will be able to make needed repairs, then travel on to Coruscant.

Capt. Panaka: Your Highness, Tatooine is very dangerous. It's controlled by an alliance of gangs called the Hutts. I do not agree with the Jedi on this.

Qui-Gon: You must trust my judgement, Your Highness.

(Amidala and Padme exchange looks. Padme moves next to the droid)

-----Time Skip-----

(Padme sits in the Main Area, cleaning R2-D2, the brave little Astro Droid. Jar Jar pops out of an open door)

Jar Jar: Hidoe!

(Both Padme and Artoo jump and let out a little scream. The Gungan is embarrassed that he frightened them)

Jar Jar: Sorry, nomeanen to scare yousa.

Padme: That's all right.

Jar Jar: I scovered oily back dare. Needen it?

Padme: Thank you. This little guy is quite a mess.

(Jar Jar hands Padme the oil can)

Jar Jar: Mesa Ja Ja Binksss...

Padme: I'm Padme, I attend Her Highness, You're a Gungan, aren't you?

(Jar Jar nods)

Padme: How did you end up here with us?

Jar Jar: Me no know... mesa day starten pitty okeyday witda brisky morning munchen. Den boom... getten berry skeered, un grabbed dat Jedi, and before mesa knowen it... pow! Mesa here.

(He shrugs)

Jar Jar: ...getten berry berry skeered.

(Artoo beeps a sympathetic beep. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Capt. Panaka watch over Ric Olie's shoulder. A large yellow planet appears directly ahead. Ric Olie searches his scopes)

Obi-Wan: That's it. Tatooine.

Ric Olie: There's a settlement... a spaceport, looks like.

Qui-Gon: Land near the outskirts. We don't want to attract any attention.

Tatooine

(The ship heads toward the planet of Tatooine)

Desert