Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Chapter 5

SPACE

(The massive, slow-moving Freighter moves through space)

STARFREIGHTER - STEERAGE HOLD

(The great, gloomy hold is crowded with emigrants and their belongings. To one side Artoo is coming to the head of a food line holding two bowls. With one of his little clawarms, he grabs a chunk of something that looks like bread. Artoo slips a tube into a tub of mush and sucks up a large quantity. A server sees him)

Server: Hey! No Droids!

(Artoo takes one last big suck and heads away from the food line. The server shouts after him angrily. The little droid moves past groups of eating or sleeping emigrants and comes to Y/n, Anakin and Padme's table where Anakin is sound asleep. The young Jedi seems to be having a nightmare. She is very restless)

Anakin: No, no, Mom, no...

(She is sweating. Y/n leans over resting his hand on her arm. She wakes up with a start, then realizes where she is. Y/n and Padme simply looks at her. Anakin stares back, somewhat confused)

Anakin: What?

Y/n: You seemed to be having a nightmare.

(Anakin looks at Y/n a little more closely, trying to see if she has revealed any of her secrets. Padme hands her a bowl of mush and bread)

Padme: Are you hungry?

Anakin: Yeah.

(Y/n takes the food from Artoo and sets it on a make-shift table. Anakin rises and takes a seat as Y/n places a bowl infront of her)

Anakin: Thanks.

Padme: We went to lightspeed a while ago.

(Anakin looks at Y/n and Padme)

Anakin: I look forward to seeing Naboo again. I've thought about it everyday since me and Y/n left. It's by far the most beautiful place I've ever seen...

(Y/n and Padme are a little unnerved by her intense stare)

Y/n: Yeah. It's nice to visit Naboo again.

Padme: It may not be as you remember it. Time changes perception.

Y/n: Sometimes it does... Sometimes for the better.

Padme: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like...

Anakin: Or be with the people I love.

Padme: Are you allowed to love? I thought it was forbidden for a Jedi.

Y/n: Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion-

Anakin: Which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life, so you might say we're encouraged to love.

Padme: You two have changed so much.

Y/n: You haven't changed much. You're exactly the way I remember you.

Anakin: I doubt if Naboo has changed much either.

Padme: It hasn't...

(There is an awkward moment. Y/n changes the subject)

Y/n: You were dreaming about Shmi earlier, weren't you?

Anakin: Yes... we left Tatooine so long ago, my memory of her is fading. I don't want to lose it. Recently I've been seeing her in my dreams... vivid dreams... scary dreams. I worry about her.