Rebuild and Rebirth

4th of January, 1942

Sakura Empire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the destruction of the MS München, the warring forces of Crimson Axis and Azur Lane had fought a battle in the abandoned ruins of a flooded city in the northern tip of Luzon, Phillipines. While the Black Cube and a Sakura Kansen were stolen/captured by Azur Lane, the Crimson Axis, with the help of the furious Ironblood Kansen and their upgraded AAs, were able to inflict heavy damage on the Eagle Union and Royal Navy Kansen, possibly knocking some out for months.

Now that they have returned, they have been able to focus on cleaning up and rebuilding destroyed and damaged facilities, docks, and... ships. The LashCarrier, in particular, is blocking parts of the harbor with its leaking petroleum and heavy oil, but the overturned lighters and the collapsed crane landed on the Mass Production Vessel (Siren) as it passed.

 Eugen, slightly angered but also prideful in returning the favor to Belfast (Edinburgh-Class), the Head Maid of the Maid Corps and its operations, muttered, "Just great. I thought that the two Kitsunes had dealt a heavy blow but instead made the Eagle Union so furious that they directly attack the Sakuran Mainland."

Leipzig: "Eh- How will we report of the loss of München's ship?" She knew that she had her first task and feared a swift and merciless punishment from Friedrich der Große, "If Mutter finds out-"

Eugen: "She won't. The Sakurans have the capabilities to repair and rebuild like we and every other Major Power can do. We simply ask as reimbursement for the neglectful loss by bringing her ship back to work."

Köln: "You believe that will work?"

Nürnberg: "Well... we didn't, we just didn't expect that the Würzburg Radar was so essentially needed with how weak their AA was in terms of Air Raids."

Eugen: "Exactly. Now, I will talk to them, obviously promising that we will further support them, but for that our Cargo ship be brought back. In the meantime you two, Leipzig and Nürnberg, recover München. The rest will secure the ship wreck. Can't lose any crucial parts by any scavenger, right?"

"JAWOHL, Frau Eugen!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Eugen was moving towards the Temple, to intercept the Flagship Akagi, the Ironblood girls moved to their respective tasks. Already some fishing cutters of the nearby towns had converged onto the sunken wreck, but were easily scared away by the rigging of both the sadistic Z1, who might have allowed her said rigging to break and eat parts of the fishing vessels, if they were already hauling stuff and metal up.

The wisdom cube attached to the ship was easily secured and put deep into the Köln, to prevent anyone seeing its state and knowing its whereabouts. It was glowing a darker blue color and had purple linings on it, but was still a Kansen heart. Also a Lurker Siren was driven off as she was caught in Z26's sonar.

Meanwhile, Leipzig and Nürnberg were looking for the ship's girl themselves. They had searched the market, but hadn't found any clues except for helping to clear debris from the street with their rigging. Now they were entering one of the many parks while the sakuran petals and orochis were in bloom. However, their spirits were still low as they couldn't find Munich.

Leipzig: "We won't be able to find her at this rate. Oh, we failed so hard we will probably be scrapped."

Nürnberg: "Don't say that! Surely we will find her. She wouldn't run away... right?"

Leipzig: "I hope not..."

They follow a small path that leads directly to the harbor so that the shipgirls can be used immediately in case of an emergency. After a short walk, they hear an almost silent scream. Sensing something bad, they immediately head towards the sound.