Fallen Tower

The third part in Scapa Flow. Hope you enjoy it. During the upcoming weeks I will try to keep it at minimum of one chapter per weekend.

WIth the book also reaching over 1.100 reads, I decided to allow myself to push it over the 2.000 words I normally attempt not to go over. Just write a comment if you like me to go over 2.000 words again, though that may impede with the schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scapa Flow

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The situation was somewhat under control with the reinforcements coming from the hurricane. Injuries varied between the Royal Sailors and those of the KMS and now SMS Sailors. Although the enemy was successfully repelled, the Sirens left a deep mark on the refurbished and rebuilt Scapa Flow. Casualties among the human workers on site are in the hundreds of souls lost, with another thousand wounded or missing. The buildings, especially the bureaucratic and residential sections, were hit the hardest.

The operation to open up the whirlwind and a mirror sea, depicting the skirmish in the Scapa Flow, will soon enter the next stage of the operation. The secret cargo that München had transported to the Royal Navy Main Harbor will be used in this operation. But there is a small problem.

"Where is München? And Elbing?" As it turned out, none of the SMS shipgirls had noticed in all the confusion that one of their light cruisers had apparently disappeared or not participated at all. Now that the battle was over and a headcount had been taken, they quickly noticed the discrepancy and went searching in the searing heat of the flames for their comrade and the cargo shipgirl.

Fortunately, local firefighters began to arrive, but only after they were given the green light to enter so they wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. Soon several structure fires were put under "surround and drown". Basically, the building is flooded with an absurd amount of water.

In the search for survivors, the Kansen also helped search half-sunken ships and collapsed cranes. Unfortunately, they mostly found half-burned corpses and shell-shocked workers stuck in impossible positions, requiring heavy equipment. Oddly enough, only the city's firefighters have this equipment, so they can only offer heartwarming but helpless words to the trapped survivors until help arrives.

Thüringen, on the other hand, had a clear target: Elbing. The divers and submariners, who were near the entrance and had to deal with the aircraft carriers, something the SMS-shipgirls never had to deal with in their previous lives, are therefore not prepared for air attacks (3-dimensional battlefield). They had to rely solely on the Royals and KMS Kansen to protect them from any dive bombers and rocket attacks.

But now the SMS and other available shipgirls were looking for two of their own comrades who were missing in action but had not even participated in the defense. The thought that Elbing might even have returned because of her bad feeling and "bad luck" was a nagging feeling in everyone's mind.

In the midst of the burning inferno, even though it is being smothered by professionals and volunteers, the hope of finding their comrade is slowly fading away. However, just as they were about to give up, Lützow was found by all the people, near a small embankment, next to a completely destroyed building, burnt to the ground.

Lützow: "Hey! Over there! There is Elbing!" So the whole SMS and the escorts from the MS München rushed to the couple. As soon as they reached them, they found Elbing tending to the cuts and bruises of an injured girl who was lying on Elbing's thighs, and when she heard several footsteps approaching, Elbing panicked slightly and tried to summon her rigging, but due to the weight on her legs, she fell over and landed with her breasts on top of München, suffocating all oxygen and preventing München from breathing.