New business rivals (and they are gone)

1st of February, 1942

Pearl Harbor, Oahu, Hawaii

Special Purpose Hospital

Time:0600 hours

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a white-tiled patient's room lies a single patient, breathing shallowly due to massive amounts of medications and other narcotics that have put her in an induced coma. Through the closed curtains, the sun shone on the cargo ship girl, peeking into her eyes. This had the surprising effect of awakening the said slumbering patient.

When she opened her eyes, she had to move her left arm in front of her eyes. In her half-asleep state, she yawned for a full thirty seconds while stretching all of her limbs. However, her right arm and left leg simply refused to move. Still not registering her new bed or what had happened, she pushed away the blanket on top of her and looked at both limbs.

"..." Blink "...Ehh..." Blink "...Huh...?" BLINK "...W-What...?"

It only took a few seconds for a loud scream to echo through the corridors, waking up every patient and nurse who had slept through the night. A certain nurse, knowing who the patient was, rushed through the chemically cleaned corridors with MACH 7 and slammed the door of the room in question.

"Munich!" Vestal shouted with a mixture of concern and happiness. Though the latter was quickly shattered and replaced with sorrow when she saw the state München was in. She slowly approached the frightened and crying patient.

Seeing her sobbing, Vestal decided to give Munich a heartwarming hug to show that she was here and not leaving anytime soon. "W-What ha-happened? W-What...?" Putting her index finger to her lips, Vestal indicated that she should let the question out first and let her calm down.

Conversely, Vestal decides to answer all important questions. "When we found you on the bridge, you were badly injured and the bridge was still burning. Your arm was most likely cut off when you hit the water after breaking through the monster wave."

Still shaking, München wants to get up, but is immediately stopped by the nun/nurse, fearing the worst. "No. You stay in bed. You are too weak to move after enduring that much pain."

"W-Where is m-my ship?" München, still crying a literal waterfall of water coming out her eyes, she was still feeling the phantom pain now crashing upon her. She knew that her ship could only be destroyed but she wanted to be sure.

"Your ship... is stranded on the island. The broken keel and uncontrollable fires forced us to sink in shallow waters. We were able to remove the cargo inside, but your ship is essentially a write-off. I'm surprised it hasn't sunk, as far as I can tell."

"So I'm... out of commission?" As she calmed down, she fully realized her depressing situation. She had lost an arm. "T-That shouldn't be possible, right? We are ship girls? We are immortal."

"Immortal? Yes, but we are still susceptible to injuries like this," Vestal corrected the injured girl. "That's why repair ships like me exist. To ease the pain and get you back in shape."

Feeling slightly relieved that she won't be stuck in such a state, Munich asks another question. "Is it possible for me to get another ship like mine before? I can't really get a completely different ship."

"That's true, but..." Now comes a part that some might think twice about saying out loud. "There was a plan to rebuild your ship, but someone bought all the materials for the reconstruction." Biting her lips, Vestal dares to look at Munich's face.

Bad choice. An aura of anger and death surrounds her, and München's eyes are just a slit. "Who could that be?" Munich, who had been shocked and in pain before, acted as if nothing had happened. "Who would dare to do this?"