... and Rainbow's End

At the beginning of the first Siren War, there was little knowledge of the suddenly appearing fleets of unknown nationality. No one knew what was going on or who was to blame. Every nation that owned a naval fleet, consisting of merchant, passenger, and military ships, suffered massive losses, forcing them to largely abandon unsustainable colonial outposts and routes, and bringing everyone's economy to a standstill.

It was decided by all government bodies to concentrate their forces to push back the enemy. Even though it was impossible with their fleets spread out and communication between rivals and multilingual states impossible, they decided to at least try to capture and secure one of the enemy ships to gain knowledge about them and how to defeat them in detail. In previous skirmishes, it was found out that the enemy does not have sailors and officers on board their ships, so how do they work and can this be exploited?

The Ironblood Empire, one of the youngest nations in the entire european continent, set sail, with their majestic fleet, near the norwegain coast, to capture an enemy ship. With their entire German High Seas fleet, excluding their far slower ships (Pre-Dreadnoughts) and colonial squadrons, they set out.

While initially successful, they failed to fully secure the ship before it sent out a distress signal, causing an Elite siren to appear. The fleet, taking damage, sought refuge in Scapa Flow. The British Admiralty reluctantly allowed them to enter, but also provided them with supplies and prepared them for the coming battle.

...

From there, sources differ on what happened next - one says the British fired on the German fleet and vice versa - in the end, the entire High Seas Fleet, including their battleships and battlecruisers, sank at the bottom of Scapa Flow, while the Royal Navy, though battered, managed to repel the attack.

Furious at what had happened, the Ironblood Empire relinquished their seat at Azure Lane and left completely, going into temporary isolation while they repaired and rebuilt their entire fleet. However, public opinion of the Emperor plummeted due to the total loss and almost no survivors, leading to his abdication and the subsequent end of his empire.

From there, a new Ironblood rose up and took it upon himself to right the wrong, to reclaim its glory and its rightful claim to a fleet stronger than its rival, the Royal Navy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12th of November, 1941

Scapa Flow

Task: [Unknown]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the volunteers, under the command of Friedrich der Große, entered the whirlwind, the Munich was clearly conflicted. She was a merchant ship, built to bring barges close to river canyons, but why does she have the nagging feeling to explore?! This is unacceptable.

She has already seen death twice, in her previous life and in this one. If she dies on the other side, then she is surely gone as well as possible. This operation was led by a high-ranking military ship's officer - a civilian shouldn't interrupt such a delicate and precarious mission.

She simply waits until the Queen, Friedrich, and any other volunteers have returned from their journey into the unknown. They will probably be transporting something she can easily carry, especially the machine she brought from Ironblood herself. It is designed to carry cargo as close to its destination as possible, which is surely why it is still ordered to stay, right?

While she waited, she decided to help clear the last remaining lighters and check the condition of her ship. She couldn't possibly break down on home leave. That would only reduce her chances of being more independent if she didn't know how to do maintenance.