Pacific Drive

14th of January, 1942

Eagle Union, East Coast

Baltimore, Maryland

Time: 1458 hours

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought it would take longer to build a sister for me," München said, thinking out loud as she looked down at her feet. "I stand corrected." She looks up at the large drydock cranes, even drawing the height of her own crane. In all that web of metal and sparks coming from the shipbuilders was a hull.

Not just any hull, nor hers alone. But a copy of her ship. Another LashCarrier of her class.

As it turns out, the Royal Navy shipgirls had given the Eagle Union consulate in the nearest town, Scapa Flow, a copy of Munich's ship while she was imprisoned and gone for a week. It seems that security was still lax, allowing some spies to enter the ship and make a copy from the blueprints stored aboard her ship.

Yesterday, she was approached by three more Kansen and taken to the harbormaster's office for questioning. She thought it was because of the unnecessary morning call, but it seems they wanted to squeeze her for information about her ship, her class, and finally, the Ironblood's ability to build such monstrous ships. To say they were disappointed would be an understatement.

She only asked if this interrogation was legimitate, due her being officially being a civilian shipliner and the last question may only be answered by her superiors (who don't exist [yet]) and the Sirens (who brought her in this world). Furiously one of the light cruisers threatened a firing squad, but was held back by her sister and a shipgirl, clothed as a nun.

Unfortunately, München also called this bluff. "If you execute me, you won't get any information and you'll beach the active peace treaty, giving that weird mustache man more reason than he thought to sniff more Pervitin and declare war on you. Believe me, you don't want my ex-escort and a certain SBB storming into Baltimore to rescue my Cube."

This frightened them and gave them the creeps. Friedrich, the H-39 class, was notorious for outmaneuvering the Azure Lane Alliance while she was at the helm. With her in their alliance, the Sirens had a "hard" time breaking through such a defense-in-depth strategy in the open seas, or outright in any archipelago, that they had to resort to literally teleporting their own Elite Sirens to eliminate any defenses, only to be met with more defenses in those defensive plans. WHO DOES THAT?!

Answer: Friedrich der Große, aka: the Tactician.

Now back to how München sees another ship of her type being built. As it turns out, all those steel products and machine parts were for the new ship, under the pretense of being rich factory owners outwitting their government.

As it turned out, the Eagle Union government had deceived and tricked München. It accepted defeat because it was a clever tactic that Friedrich himself would have used. It also meant that Azur Lane learned from being too passive and became proactive instead of reactive.

After all the materials for the new LashCarrier were unloaded, a new shipment was prepared to be loaded onto the ship immediately, although the München was not too keen on being loaded with unknown cargo for which it had no manifest, lest it be seized and not being paid for.

Fortunately, this was quickly remedied by the cruiser whose namesake city they were anchored in. "Miss München, would you please sign these documents? This is the official request for delivery. With your signature, you will also receive the manifest."

As she looked through it, München checked to make sure that everything was real and not fake or under false pretenses, which could lead to her being sent back. She also had to make sure that she had not been given a false weight, so as not to waste too much fuel and time.