Dragon and Sardinian Cuisine

15th of February, 1942

Dragon Empery, East-Chinese Sea

Shanghai, Dockyard

Time: 1325 hours

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

München and the Dragon Empire fleet reached Shanghai in the twilight of the same day. She was still angry at the blatant idiocy and disregard for safety measures. Ning Hai, the lead light cruiser of the Ning Hai class, kept apologizing for her misfire and hitting her. It got to the point where München found her breaking into her kitchen and trying to make a three-way buffet, only to have her kitchen almost catch on fire.

Modern kitchens aren't that self-combustible, but if the user isn't fully informed on how any gas stove works, than it can only end badly. This also caused München to sit even longer as she now has to wait for the Manjuus (the fat bird, jack of all trades) to fix her kitchen and living room.

Meanwhile, Yat Sen, the second in command of the ROCN, has apologized for the blatant invasion of privacy and will make sure that Ning Hai and her young sister Ping Hai will stay far away. The flagship Huan Ch'ang, the large battlecruiser (although it looks more like a pre-dreadnought), was currently dealing with the huge amount of paperwork.

While waiting for the ship to be fully repaired and looking for a cargo transport mission that happened to be in a port on its way home, München decided to take a stroll through the city, especially the older sections and even the international community. She was fascinated by how different everything was from the Shanghai she knew on her former home world. In her world, the first signs of skyscrapers were appearing, and the total population was increasing exponentially, causing a housing crisis.

Unfortunately, Shanghai still reeked of the suffering of the occupation and street-to-street fighting from mid-1937, when the Sakuran forces opened another front against the Dragon Empire. In the outskirts, hundreds of small houses simply collapsed and abandoned, old blood spilled all over the streets, and a large number of bullet holes adorned the walls, clearly indicating what had happened in the fierce and brutal fighting.

To keep her mind occupied with these brutal scenes, she decides to leave the city center and the outskirts and just stay close to her ship. When she arrived, she saw numerous destroyers and cruisers of various ages. The fake battlecruiser was the strangest of them all, as she only had two 305mm twin turret guns on her ship, with her secondary guns being small destroyer guns.

As she looked across the bay, she saw a ship standing out in the International Community Harbor. There, between the Royal Navy, the Eagle Union Navy, and even the Sardegnia Empire Navy, was a single Fubuki-class ship.

As she wondered who that could be, she was surprised to hear a familiar voice behind her. "München, is that you?" Turning, she saw Miyuki, accompanied by another destroyer, easily a head smaller than the already small sister ship of the Fubuki class.

"Oh, hello! I didn't expect to see you again, Miyuki." Happy and grateful to see a familiar face, she went over to the destroyer girl and hugged her, pressing her face into the bosom of the cargo ship. Meanwhile, the little girl next to her, though confused, was pulled into the hug as well, the fluffy tails of Miyuki embracing the trio at once.

After a full minute of friendly hugging, Munich broke the embrace. "It's nice to see you too." Blushing slightly, Miyuki quickly remembered what she wanted to say just before the LashCarrier hugged her. "Oh, right. You probably don't know Fei Yuen, right?"

"Well, she wasn't the one who blew a hole in my ship by forgetting that gun salutes shouldn't be made with live ammunition, so my answer is no." München replied quickly as she looked over at the shy Dragon Empire ship's officer. "Who are you, Miyuki's friend?"