Once upon a time

23rd of January, 1942

3000km off the coast of San Diego

1000km off Hawaii

Maritime Border of E.U. and M.R.

Time: 1400 hours

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After passing through the jumble of wrongly parked cargo ships and passenger liners eagerly awaiting their turn in the Panama Canal, the mismatched group headed straight for the rendezvous point. From there, they will join up with a much larger task force from the Eagle Union Navy.

Luckily, München has gotten some rough information on the size of this task force, but she believes they are task forces, which means plural. And they are packing alot of firepower.

Battleships:

2 x Iowa-Class

2 x South Dakota-Class

2 x Washington-Class

Aircraft Carriers:

1 x Yorktown-Class

2 x Lexington-Class

5 x Independence-Class

4 x Essex-Class

Heavy Cruisers:

1 x Georgia-Class

1 x Alaska-Class

1 x Wichita-Class

1 x Baltimore-Class

2 x Indianapolis-Class

4 x New Orleans-Class

Light Cruisers:

9 x Brooklyn-Class

1 x St. Louis-Class (Subclass of the previous class)

8 x Cleveland-Class

5 x Atlanta-Class

Destroyers:

45 x Fletcher-Class

20 x Allen M. Sumner-Class

10 x Benson-Class

5 x Gridley-Class

[Additional ships are mostly Transport ships for Cargo and Passenger, with two being general-purpose Hospital ships.]

The sheer number of warships on the list makes one's head spin. You would think that this alone could wipe the floor with any second-rate navy on the entire American continent, let alone America's backyard. And this is true. Such huge fleets were apparently essential, as the Siren threat grew exponentially shortly after the destruction of the Orochi super-carrier-battleship hybrid. That's a mouthful.

Nevertheless, München once realized how important she and her cargo were. Without her participation, this huge naval fleet would have to split up and protect each cargo ship, once planned to participate and haul the important construction materials and equipment. With only one to protect, the threat would increase as the Sirens would only have to target them, but only they know that won't be the biggest threat.

Such huge fleets are usually uninviting, as they are more prone to miscommunication and outright disaster. One giant warship goes off course, and suddenly you have several ships cut off from each other and in danger of being sunk by friendly fire or ramming.