two, kept pictures

❝ Gods, I didn't miss your questions. ❞

☆ ☼ ☆

     Sheila Bennett couldn't remember when Camp Half-Blood hadn't blamed her for its misfortune. For six years now, every problem had to be her fault. They liked to call it the Bennett curse. If the weather was too harsh, it was due to her bad temperament. If something caught on fire, it was due to her magic. If someone got hurt during training, it was due to her enchanted spear. They accused everything remotely out of place on the only witch at Camp because it had become a habit.

The newest accusation Sheila had faced was Chiron's departure. After the gods suspected him of poisoning Thalia's tree, they fired him and replaced him with a demigod named Tantalus. Since she was the last one who saw Luke, campers started saying Sheila was at fault. She could have prevented all of this. Had she not let Luke go, Chiron wouldn't have left, and they wouldn't have a cruel soul as activities director. Someone even rumoured it was part of her plan to help Luke and free Kronos. Her ties to Luke and her restless magic messed with her reputation. The family she thought she found turned on her.

     A few demigods believed her. Charles Beckendorf was, as usual, her protector. Since he returned, the glares and whispers had tamed. People knew not to get on his wrong side by disrespecting his little sister. Same for James. As Luke's replacement, campers were hesitant to anger him. Sheila was thankful for them, but it didn't stop the harsh blows she received during training or the loneliness that came during her free time.

It was her reasoning for leaving Camp this morning. When Annabeth contacted her and said someone needed to bring Percy to Camp, the witch instantly agreed. It gave her an excuse to escape this place without problems. She also had to ask the boy about their recent dream concerning Grover's whereabouts. James, Clarisse and Charlie had tried to keep her in the forges, but Stefanie distracted them so Sheila could sneak out.

     Their plan went smoothly since Sheila now entered Percy's school. After finding the address in one of Percy's letters, she had stolen James' gift from his father, a GPS. It was an hour-long walk, giving her enough time to become invisible and form a plan. She was lucky to have avoided monsters, though she guessed they would find her once she joined Percy.

"Alright, where are you, Sharkboy?" the girl mumbled, stepping aside to avoid bumping into a student.

     Meriwether Prep was smaller than Sheila's school, making it easy to figure out where each door led to. Since it was the second period, Sheila instantly headed toward the science classes — Percy had mentioned it once while complaining about his teacher. Her eyes scanned every seat to find the boy with sea-green eyes. She entered two classrooms before hearing an explosion down the hall.