Chapter 1: Sae-Byeok Kang

Many centuries ago in Crystal Tokyo right before Sae-Byeok meets her past parents...

Liu Kang, the God of Fire and the Keeper of Time, was in the training ground teaching his daughter, Sae-Byeok Kang, near the Hourglass. However, he trained her in hand-to-hand combat, helping her with her fire and thunder abilities. Of course, Sae-Byeok got it from her mother's lightning bolt power that came from Raiden while she got the firepower from her father.

Right now, Sae-Byeok was using the borch trying to transform into a Sailor Guardian. The borch was a gift from her mother for her birthday. Liu Kang was standing there watching.

She raised her hand with the borch, shouting, "Moon Prism Power, Makeup!"

The borch didn't respond.

Sae-Byeok tried it again. "Moon Prism Power, Makeup!"

The borch didn't respond again.

"Why didn't the transformation work? Why can't I become a Sailor Guardian?" Sae-Byeok said with a long look.

Liu Kang walked up to her and patted her in comfort. "Don't worry, Sae-Byeok. You will learn."

"But I already learned how to, but the transformation with the borch has nothing to do with it. It didn't work." Sae-Byeok said, looking at her father. She then looked down with a sad look. "Why can't I just be like Mother and the other Sailor Guardians? Everyone from the village thinks I'm a weirdo."

He gave her a soft smile. "Sae-Byeok, listen carefully, you are not a weirdo. You are just very unique. You may be different from the others, but you are still the Moon Princess, but one day soon to be the Moon Queen, also the Goddess of Moon, Fire, and Thunder, and the Keeper of Time. You may get from me, your mother, and your grandfather Raiden, but you're still unique and I know you'll be willing to learn more about the transformation. Especially the Mortal Kombat. You'll learn one day."

She sighed. She wanted to protest, but she knew she had to believe her father's words. She let out a small smile.

"Remember that, Sae-Byeok, you'll become a Sailor Guardian when the time is right," Liu Kang said.

She nodded. "Yes, Father."

It was then the father and the daughter headed home.

***

"How is training, Sae-Byeok?" Neo Queen Serenity asked her daughter as she served her some food. They were sitting eating dinner beside the table.

"Okay, I guess..."

She noticed Sae-Byeok's expression as she began to question her, "What's wrong, honey? You look sad."

"I wasn't able to transform into a Sailor Guardian. It wouldn't let me and I don't know why. I felt so powerless." Sae-Byeok said, facing her mother.

"Well, perhaps the Legendary Silver Crystal will do that to help you with your transformation. You know, I always did that when I was younger. I know how to transform into Sailor Moon. When I used the borch to transform into Sailor Moon, I was powerful." Neo Queen Serenity said.

"But can Legendary Silver Crystal do anything to make you powerful?" She asked her mother.

"Well, it may help, but you only need to use it when your heart is pure. If those who were taunted with evil, they would use the Silver Crystal as a weapon." She explained.

Sae-Byeok didn't say anything but stare into her mother's eyes.

"Without the Silver Crystal, you'll be able to become a Sailor Guardian with the borch or the pen, but in the future, it will be your duty to protect the crystal when you grow older. Lastly, you still had your father's fire ability and my and your grandfather's lightning abilities, I could tell you can still fight in Mortal Kombat without your Sailor Guardian transformation." She continued.