Chapter 15: The Spirit of Neo Queen Serenity

Usagi left the room and wandered off to find the girls. Of course, she realized that Ami, Rei, and Makoto could be in the dungeon.

Please be okay, girls, Usagi thought, pleading with them to be okay.

***

In a dark dingy place, Ami, Rei, and Makoto woke up, surprised to see each other and revealing that they heard Usagi's voice. They tried to transform, but nothing happened. They became engulfed in Shang Tsung's evil spell and blackout once more.

***

Back in the palace, Usagi realizes that her friends are in danger.

They must be in danger. I gotta find them or else they'll know I'm escaping. Usagi thought, worried.

Immediately, the two assassins attacked Usagi from behind, pinning her to the wall.

"Let me go!" Usagi shouted, struggling to break free but she couldn't because their grips were strong.

Then Shang Tsung appeared in front of her. "Going somewhere? Or are you looking for your friends?"

"Where have you hidden them?" Usagi demanded where they were.

"I won't tell you, but they are safe from now." Then he took a step closer and eyed her. "How about a deal, shall we?"

"If this is one of your tricks then I won't fall for it!" Usagi shouted.

"I may have tricked you before, but I already have what I wanted. My dear Usagi, I'll give you two choices. I will release your friends. Choose me or let your friends suffer." Shang Tsung said.

"What if I refuse to choose you?" She questioned him.

He grinned. "Then your beloved Liu Kang and your friends will die. I will erase their existence until the future timeline will never exist. Even Sae-Byeok will never exist. It will change back to where you used to love Mamoru and Chibiusa still exists."

"You bastard! I'd rather be with Liu Kang for life and die with him!" Usagi shouted. Then she regretted what she said.

"So you chose death. So be it then. First you and now your friends." Then Shang Tsung tried to stab her with the sword, but the brooch in her hand began to glow, repelling his attack. The crystal encasing Neo Queen Serenity also glowed. Usagi saw the Queen's spirit before her. The two assassins were destroyed by the overflowing energy of golden light, and Shang Tsung was thrown back.

Usagi finally transformed into Sailor Moon.

She used her much stronger Sailor powers to locate Rei, Ami, and Makoto in the dungeon. They woke up, sensing her pure light and she lent them her strength. All three of them transformed and arrived on the surface.

Neo Queen Serenity's spirit took control of Sailor Moon, and she started advising Shang Tsung in the Queen's voice.

Shang Tsung was shocked to see this. Then he smirked as his face was covered in sweat. "Neo Queen Serenity. What a pleasure to see you there."

"Shang Tsung, I won't let you hurt the others. Especially my daughter Sae-Byeok and my husband Liu Kang. Your threat is over and now it's time you must be erased from your existence." Neo Queen Serenity said.

"You wouldn't get rid of me that easily, Neo Queen Serenity! I will always come back from the dead, no matter what they revive me, I'll always return!"

"Oh, yeah!?" Then they heard Liu Kang shouting. They turned around and saw Liu Kang and the gang finally arrived in no time.

"Well, I'll make sure nobody revives you ever again!" Liu Kang said, smirking. Then he and Kung Lao attacked Shang Tsung.

The sorcerer dodged their attack and disappeared. "This isn't over, Neo Queen Serenity and Liu Kang. Sae-Byeok still needs to learn who she truly is. Her time is running out and I am coming for the Crystal Palace to destroy Neo Queen Serenity."

"Oh, no, you will not!" Kung Lao shouted as he threw his Razor-Rimmed Hat at the shadowy Shang Tsung who disappeared in the thick air. Of course, he missed it.

"Damn, he got away!" Kung Lao cursed.

"Girls! Liu Kang!" Sailor Moon cried out as she ran up to them and hugged them. Within a few seconds, it was Liu Kang's turn as he gave Sailor Moon a kiss.

"Girls... I'm so glad you three are safe."

"Usagi, I'm so glad you're safe as well," Liu Kang said, hugging her.

"Quick, we need to go back to the Crystal Palace to protect the Queen," Jax said as he recalled what Shang Tsung would do to them.

"We're on it," Sonya said, nodding to her partner.