Chapter 7: Enter Kung Lao

The next day. After teaching Mamoru a lesson, everyone was just busy at peace, except they needed to celebrate the defeat of Shang Tsung.

Right now, Usagi and Liu Kang go to the Wu Shi Academy where all the students train in Mortal Kombat. Lastly, Raiden thought it would be a good opportunity for Usagi to join the academy to train with her new skills. Usagi agreed to this and some of her friends, especially Luna and Artemis, supported her.

"This is where we train there. Especially me and the monks." Liu Kang said, showing his beloved around.

Usagi looked around in amazement. "This place looks beautiful. Even with the cherry blossom."

He nodded, smiling at her. "Not as beautiful as you are."

She let out a giggle as she blushed softly. "Liu."

"Liu Kang, long time no see!" It was then they met the young man who looked like Liu Kang. However, his appearance is different. He also wore a Chinese hat but looked different.

"Kung Lao, it has been a long time," Liu Kang said as he hugged Kung Lao.

Usagi gave out a curious look.

"Usagi, this is my best friend Kung Lao. Kung Lao, this is my girlfriend, Usagi Tsukino." He introduced.

"Wow, Liu, you never told me you had a girlfriend," Kung Lao said, surprised a bit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kung Lao," Usagi said, shaking his hand.

"Likewise, Milady."

"Call me Usagi," she suggested.

"Very well then, Usagi." Then he looked at Liu Kang and said, "So what brings you here back to Wu Shi Academy?"

"Well, we were planning to decorate the party to celebrate the defeat of Shang Tsung," Liu Kang said to his best friend.

"Wait! You defeated Shang Tsung!?" He said, shocked.

Liu Kang glanced over his shoulder and looked at Usagi. "Me and Usagi defeated Shang Tsung together."

"That's great! With Shang Tsung defeated, we'll be able to go there and stop the emperor of Outworld." Kung Lao said.

"Indeed, but we all needed some break before we were ready to face Shao Kahn," Liu Kang said.

He nodded. "I understand, my dear friend."

"Kung Lao, would you give Usagi a tour? She is going to be new in this academy." He asked his friend a favor.

Kung Lao nodded. "Of course, I would love to."

"Sweet!" Usagi exclaimed happily.