Chapter 12: Sae-Byeok's Parents

"Good evening. I am Lord Liu Kang. God of Fire and Protector of Earthrealm." He formally greeted them all and folded his arms.

"You're me!" Liu Kang said, surprised.

He nodded. "That is right. I am you from the future."

"Should we call you King Liu Kang instead of calling you 'Future Liu Kang'?" Sailor Moon asked awkwardly as she blushed heavily.

"Whatever you desire to call me, Sailor Moon," King Liu Kang said, smiling at her.

She nodded in response.

"We came here from the past to help you, King Liu Kang," Sailor Venus said.

"We also came here to rescue Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter," Artemis said.

"I have been waiting for you all to come and I need your help with something," King Liu Kang said.

"If this is about Neo Queen Serenity, then we will help," Sailor Moon said.

"I'm glad you would say that. Come, let me lead you all to the chamber." Then King Liu Kang led them to the chamber room where they found Neo Queen Serenity comatose while being imprisoned by the enchanted silver crystals.

"She's me! And she looks beautiful!" Usagi exclaimed.

"She is as beautiful as you are, Usagi," Liu Kang said, smiling at his beloved.

She blushed softly.

"Mom..." Sae-Byeok stared at her mother with a sorrowful look, so Kitana gave her a comforting hug.

"We'll bring her back," Kitana assured her.

"Your Majesty, did Shang Tsung ever...?"

"Neo Queen Serenity was encased in the Silver Crystal, which protected her from a giant explosion and Shang Tsung," King Liu Kang said.

"But didn't Shang Tsung destroy the crystal?" Sailor Moon asked.

"He did, but the Silver Crystal gave Neo Queen Serenity and the other people on Earth long lifespans and brought about peace until Shang Tsung arrived to destroy the Crystal Palace. He even attempted to destroy the Hourglass to kill me before he would time travel instead."

"That's horrible..." Sonya said, shocked.

"Hey, hate to interrupt, but what do our future selves look like?" Johnny asked.

"Not now, Johnny," Sonya growled at him, which scared him.

"Your Majesty, will Sae-Byeok be the key to awakening Serenity and Sae-Byeok's transformation? Even the crystal restore?" Sailor Moon asked.

He nodded. "It is the only way."

"Say, if Sailor Pluto knew how it works, then maybe she must have told you," Jax said, pointing it out.

"Sailor Pluto is my student and my friend. I promised my mother-in-law I would teach her to be the true guardian." King Liu Kang said.

"Interesting. Then how did you end up becoming the Keeper of Time before helping Pluto?" Sonya asked.

"After the battle with the former Keeper of Time Kronika, Raiden splits away from my body stripped of his powers and status as a god. I was declared the new defender of Earth Realm, and also the Keeper of Time. I recruited Raiden to help me create a new more peaceful timeline for my fellow warriors."

"No way..." Kung Lao said in shock.

"Wow..." Sailor Venus said in shock.

"So you are a god, after all," Liu Kang murmured to his future self.

"Is that when Sae-Byeok was born after all this? After we got married, after we became like this as immortals?" Sailor Moon asked.

He nodded. "We ran away together and then got married after Mamoru betrayed you. After a while, you became Neo Queen Serenity and I became the Keeper of Time and the God of Fire. That was when Sae-Byeok was born. She is different than anybody else. However, she is unique. She has our power. She wouldn't be able to transform into a Sailor Guardian. Strangely, the transformation wouldn't let her."

"Perhaps if Liu Kang and I share our kiss, then her transformation will work," Sailor Moon said, grinning.

"And the crystal will be restored," Liu Kang said, walking up to her.

"We better hurry or else Shang Tsung knows we're here," Sae-Byeok warned them.

"Did somebody page me?" Then Shang Tsung appeared from the dark shadow as he approached them.

"No! Not again!" Sae-Byeok panicked. She ran to hide behind her father's back.

"Hello, my dear friends. We meet again." Shang Tsung greeted them, smirking evilly.

"Shang Tsung!" Liu Kang growled.