𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"DAD. DAD. DAD!" A YOUNG OLIVE BLACK-LUPIN POKED, prodded, and pushed her father as he lay peacefully asleep in his comfortable bed. With each repeated call of "Dad!", Olive's persistence grew, her determination clear in the way she tried to rouse her slumbering father. Remus, in his half-awake state, let out a groan and shifted away from Olive's playful nudges. The young girl, undeterred, whined in frustration as she watched her father roll over, the gentle sound of snores escaping from his slightly parted lips. "Dad! This is serious!" Olive exclaimed, her voice tinged with urgency and excitement.

Responding to Olive's insistent pleas, Remus mustered the strength to engage with his daughter, despite his initial grogginess. He quipped back with a teasing tone, "What could be so important that it disrupts your father's well-deserved beauty sleep?" His eyes crinkled with amusement as he glanced at Olive.

Olive's face lit up with a wide grin as she announced eagerly, "My letter came!" The mere mention of the awaited correspondence caused Remus's eyes to widen perceptibly. "Along with the stack of junk mail, my letter arrived today!" Olive beamed with a mix of delight and nervousness.

With a genuine smile, Remus acknowledged Olive's news, saying, "Congratulations, darling." He sat up, leaning against the weathered bedframe Olive had proudly discovered during one of their walks in Yorkshire. "Shall we unveil the contents of that letter now?" He extended the blanket, inviting Olive to join him in the warmth of the bed.

Olive's excitement heightened as she quickly nestled beside her father, seeking comfort in his presence as he covered them both with the blanket. Anxious thoughts crept into her mind, and she voiced them softly, "What if I didn't make it? What if I'm just a regular muggle?" Remus had always been transparent about Olive's adoption, and she had come to accept and love her non-biological fathers, Sirius and Remus, wholeheartedly.

In his comforting tone, Remus reassured Olive, "They wouldn't send an acceptance letter if you hadn't been selected." His gentle smile aimed to ease her worries. "Hogwarts only extends invitations to those chosen to attend."

Encouraged by Remus's words, Olive's trepidation dissipated, and she eagerly proposed, "Let's open the letter, then!" Her eyes sparkled with anticipation.

"Whenever you're ready," Remus replied, sharing Olive's excitement as he watched her meticulously break the wax seal before unfolding the letter. As Olive paused, struck by the weight of the moment, Remus sensed her hesitation and gently inquired, "What's on your mind, Olive?"

Lost in a moment of reflection, Olive voiced her inner turmoil, "Do you think daddy would be proud of me?" Her eyes sought reassurance from Remus.

Remus's brow furrowed with empathy as he responded, "Absolutely, darling. Why would you doubt that?" He spoke with a tender understanding of Olive's emotional journey. A hint of melancholy in her voice, Olive shrugged lightly, confessing, "I don't know. I just wish he could be here to witness this." Her yearning for a presence absent but deeply missed was palpable, underscored by Remus's guarded silence regarding Sirius's circumstances.

Expressing his own silent longing, Remus drew Olive closer, enveloping her in a comforting embrace. "I wish he could too," he murmured softly. "Would you like to send a letter to him in the Q?" Olive nodded in agreement, her heart heavy with unspoken truths. "But let's revel in this moment first," Remus added, acknowledging the significance of the letter.

"Okay," Olive agreed, mustering a smile as she gingerly unfolded the parchment, absorbing the words that would chart her future. Upon reading the ecstatic announcement of her acceptance into Hogwarts, she sat up, eyes sparkling with joy. "I got in!" she exclaimed with pure elation.

Amidst the jubilation, Remus shared in Olive's triumph, his own pride evident as he beamed at his daughter. "Congratulations, darling! I always believed in you."