𝓲𝓲𝓲. you stroke the spine, you daft idiot

"I SWEAR, THESE STAIRS NEVER FAIL TO INDUCE A sense of vertigo in me," Olive groaned, her voice echoing slightly as the magical stairs rearranged themselves, allowing the group of Gryffindor students access to their cherished common room.

Seamus ran ahead, skidding to a stop in front of The Fat Lady. Olive cringed slightly at the moniker - it seemed so unfair to the portrait. "Fortuna Major," Seamus announced to the painting, but the lady in the frame silenced him with a swift motion of her hand, launching into a melodramatic song as if she was performing in a grand opera. "It's futile, listen. She simply refuses to let me in," Seamus shook his head, his voice laced with mild exasperation as the others caught up, clustering around him.

"Fortuna Major," Harry echoed, attempting to gain access. But just like before, the portrait hushed him.

"No, no. Wait, wait." The lady imperiously held her hand out. "Watch this." Olive reflexively covered her ears, preparing for the inevitable as the painting let out a dreadfully off-key, glass-shattering scream. "Astounding, isn't it? All with my voice."

"Fortuna Major," Olive repeated, turning her attention to the painting. The lady simply rolled her eyes, already bored with their antics.

"Yes, very well. Go inside." Olive couldn't help but smile as the portrait swung open, revealing the entrance to the Gryffindor common room - her home, her sanctuary for the next nine long months.

"She's still persisting with that dreadful singing. She's tone-deaf!" Seamus complained to Olive as they strolled together towards the dormitory stairs.

"I couldn't agree more!" Olive responded, her giggles echoing in the staircase as they ascended, girls splitting off towards the female dormitory and boys towards theirs. "See you in the morning!" Olive called out before disappearing into the dormitory she shared with Hermione, Lavender, and the Parvati twins.

A chorus of "See you tomorrow, Olive!" echoed back before the unmistakable sound of a door shutting reverberated through the corridor.

"It feels absolutely wonderful to be back!" Olive exclaimed, her voice filled with joy as she leaped into her bed, stretching out her limbs like a starfish washed ashore.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Welcome, my children." Professor Trelawney spoke as everyone took their seats. "In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination." Olive sighed softly, resting her gaze upon Neville, who sat at a few tables away of her and Seamus. "In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight."

"Possess the Sight." Olive echoed the professor's words in a mocking tone under her breath. "Piss off." Seamus responded with a low, quiet laugh that shook his shoulders. "No, honestly. This is all complete and utter rubbish. How in the world is a cup of tea going to predict my future? I'd really like to know. Enlighten me, Seamus." Olive's rant was directed at her friend, her voice dripping with skepticism and incredulity.

Seamus just laughed even harder at Olive's outburst, his booming laughter filling the room and even making the professor's head turn in their direction. "Sorry, Professor,"

"This term, which we'll be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you." Olive rolled her eyes, grabbing Seamus's cup and looking at the tea leaves inside. "What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read." Professor Trelawney stepped in front of Seamus. "But first, you must broaden your minds." The professor shook Seamus's head lightly, while the boy stared at her as if she was crazy. "First, you must look beyond."