𝔁𝓲𝓿. i beg your pardon?

THE SUDDEN CALL OF HER NAME ECHOED through the corridor, causing both Olive and Fred to halt abruptly in their tracks. They swivelled around to find the source of the voice. "Olive, I've been searching high and low for you." The voice belonged to her father.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Dad." Olive quickly apologized, her eyes meeting her father's as he took in a deep, calming breath, allowing himself a moment to compose his thoughts. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I just need to have a word with you," her father replied, his gaze still fixed on her. Olive and Fred exchanged a brief, knowing glance. "Don't fret, it won't take too much of your time. I wouldn't dream of keeping you away from Mr.Weasley for an extended period." Remus added with a light-hearted chuckle.

"Hello, Professor Lupin," Fred was quick to greet him. "Olive has assured me that you're well aware of her predominantly male friendship circle, but I still feel it necessary to express that I have absolutely no intentions of causing any harm to your daughter," Fred's words tumbled out in a rush, causing Remus to raise his brows in surprise while Olive stifled a grin behind her hand.

Remus fixed his gaze on Fred for a moment before responding, "I am fully aware Mr.Weas-"

Fred interjected, "Please, call me Fred." Remus nodded in acknowledgment before continuing.

"I appreciate your respect, Fred, and I trust that you have no intentions of hurting my Olive," Remus responded, a warm smile gradually spreading across his face. "However, I cannot make the same assurances when it comes to our cat, Cosmo."

Fred responded with an awkward chuckle, lifting his hands to reveal five small scars gracing both sides of his face. "I see they've healed well," Remus observed, his chuckle echoing in the corridor.

"Yeah, they have," Fred agreed before attention turned back to Olive.

"I really do need to have that conversation with you," Remus reiterated, his tone turning serious. Olive nodded in understanding before handing her book to Fred.

"I'll catch up with you at dinner," Olive told him. "Could you save me some of the mashed potatoes, please?"

"Of course, Liv." Fred replied with a buoyant laugh before he turned to leave.

"My office," Remus instructed, his eyes not leaving Olive's. "Now."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Wait a second, hold on..." Olive began, her fingers gently massaging her temples as she tried to process the information. "So, if I'm understanding you correctly..." She continued, her voice trailing off as she struggled to comprehend the magnitude of the revelation.

"It's a tremendous amount to digest," Remus offered empathetically, attempting to reassure her in the midst of her confusion.

"So, what you're saying is..." Olive's voice wavered and she shifted her gaze from her own lap to meet her father's eyes. "My own father has been imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit...and the actual culprit is still at large, hidden somewhere within the walls of this castle? And this supposed culprit is Peter Pettigrew... who everyone believes was murdered by my father, but he's alive...holy shit." The words tumbled out of Olive's mouth, her voice filled with shock and disbelief. "So, Daddy is innocent?"

"Indeed, your father is innocent," Remus confirmed, his words making Olive let out a shaky breath. "I understand it's a huge revelation but-"

"Daddy is innocent." A broad grin spread across Olive's face but quickly faded as the implications of her father's words sank in. "So the damned coward who set him up is skulking around this castle?"