𝔁. how dare you assume i'd go out with her

"GO, HARRY, GO!" OLIVE'S ENTHUSIASTIC SHOUTS echoed through the air as Harry whizzed past the populated Gryffindor stands, his broom leaving a trail of magic behind him. Olive's heart thumped with excitement, her cheers mixing with the rest of the crowd's. "Woo-hoo!" she hollered, her voice brimming with pride and adoration. Today, Gryffindor was battling it out against Hufflepuff in an exhilarating Quidditch match.

Olive had always found the games against Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw particularly enjoyable. Unlike the bitter rivalry that characterized Gryffindor's matches against Slytherin, these games felt like an actual sporting event – a true demonstration of skill, strategy, and teamwork, rather than a contest to prove which house was superior.

A sudden voice interrupted Olive's thoughts. "Olive!" Dean's voice carried across the stands, his hand pointing in her direction. "Your hood!" he yelled, indicating the rain-soaked hair plastered to Olive's face. Her raincoat hood had fallen off, leaving her exposed to the elements.

Surprised, Olive quickly reached up, her fingers grasping the edges of her hood. But then, she paused. "Oh, forget it! My hair's already wet!" she declared, tossing her head defiantly. Her declaration was met with peals of laughter from Dean and Seamus, their mirth adding to the lively atmosphere of the game. Turning to Neville, Olive raised her voice to be heard over the cheering crowd. "You okay?" she yelled, leaning closer to him to hear his response.

"I'm bloody freezing! But other than that, I'm having a great time!" Neville's response was nearly drowned out by the noise around them, but Olive managed to catch his words, a laugh bubbling up from her chest.

She grimaced as she pushed her wet hair back, disliking the clammy feeling of soaked strands sticking to her skin. But her expression soon transformed into a wide grin, her focus returning to the thrilling game. But then, something caught her eye, something that made her blood run cold. "Oh my Godric!" Olive screamed in horror as she saw Harry hurtling towards the ground.

Neville's eyes widened in shock, and without thinking, he reached out for Olive, pulling her close. He held her face against his chest, wanting to shield her from the sight of Harry's perilous fall.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Olive asked, her voice barely above a whisper as she looked up at the group huddled around Harry, who lay unconscious in a sterile hospital bed.

"He'll be alright, Liv." George reassured her, reaching forward to place his hand comfortingly on Olive's shoulder. His voice was steady, a solid rock in the midst of the storm.

They sat there, in a heavy silence, each lost in their own thoughts and fears, patiently waiting for Harry to wake up. The silence was deafening, a stark reminder of the reality they were facing, before Ron finally broke it. "He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron asked, his voice a mixture of concern and curiosity.

"Peaky," Fred echoed, mocking his younger brother with a raised eyebrow. "What'd you expect? He fell over a hundred feet."

"Yeah, Ron," George chimed in, agreeing with his twin. "Let's walk you off the astronomy tower and see what you look like."

"Alright, enough." Olive interjected, shaking her head at the twins' jest before turning her gaze back to Harry, her eyes filled with worry.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does," Harry spoke finally, his voice weak yet filled with his usual humor. Olive let out a sigh of relief before a small, tentative smile graced her face.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione questioned as Harry sat up.

"Oh, brilliant." Harry replied, trying to sound upbeat and succeeding to an extent.