𝓲𝔁. he looked at me like i was a slytherin

IN THE MIDST OF A TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY, OLIVE was caught off guard by the sudden and dramatic entrance of Professor Snape. The door to their classroom was thrown open with such force it seemed to resonate throughout the room. Immediately following this, Snape proceeded to close every window in a swift, decisive manner. His commanding voice echoed through the room as he instructed, "Turn to page three-hundred-ninety-four."

Olive, surprised and slightly puzzled, shared a quick glance with Seamus before doing as instructed. She began flipping through the pages of her textbook, the soft rustling of paper filling the silent room until she found the page she was looking for. The topic for today's lesson was revealed: Werewolves. Olive's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but before she could question anything, Harry spoke up.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked, his voice echoing in the quiet classroom. Snape turned his gaze to Harry, causing Olive to let out a soft sigh. She knew exactly where her father was. It was the night of a full moon.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape retorted, his tone icy. "Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page three-hundred-ninety-four."

"Werewolves?" Ron questioned aloud, his voice filled with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension as he stared at the page.

"But, Sir, we just begun learning about red caps and hinkypunks." Hermione pointed out, her tone respectful yet questioning. "We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks."

"Quiet." Snape silenced Hermione with a single word, before proceeding towards the front of the room. "Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Olive's hand shot up immediately, followed by Hermione's. "No one?"

"Professor, please!" Olive pleaded, her desperation evident as she stretched her arm even higher. "An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path, which is why many werewolves take a potion called wolfsbane so he is able to keep his mind while turning. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

A howling sound filled the room, causing Olive to roll her eyes softly. "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Snape acknowledged the Slytherin's contribution before turning his attention back to Olive.

"Ms. Lupin, I'm not sure what your father has taught you about being a proper student," Snape began, his gaze fixed on Olive. "But I will certainly hope you do not follow after him. Five points from Gryffindor."

Olive's jaw fell open in disbelief, "Sir, you cannot be serious-"

"Must I take more?" Snape interrupted, causing Olive to shake her head softly in defeat. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with particular emphasis on recognizing it."

Olive's eyes widened as she stared at Professor Snape. She already had a massive three-page essay on Cosmology due. How on earth could she manage to complete two demanding essays in a single weekend?

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry spoke up, attempting to argue their case.

Snape quickly walked over to Harry's desk, leaning over it threateningly, "Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you."

Feeling overwhelmed, Olive took a deep breath and leaned into Seamus, who wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders. "You okay?" Olive shook her head gently, leaning even further into Seamus, seeking solace in his presence.