𝓲. it's world cup day!

OLIVE GROANED AS SHE FELT THE INSISTENT shake of someone trying to wake her, "Five more minutes." She muttered drowsily, pulling her blanket tighter around her as if it could shield her from the reality of morning.

"I've given you an extra thirty minutes, Olive." The familiar voice of George penetrated the fog of her sleepiness, causing Olive to reluctantly open her eyes. "Now, if you please would detach yourself from me. I'm afraid I really need to use the bathroom."

Olive gave him a shy smile, her cheeks flushing a little before releasing George from her vice-like grip. "Sorry," She mumbled, her voice still thick with sleep as she let her eyes droop once again, letting the comforting allure of sleep pull her back in.

"Nope! Get up!" The commanding voice of Fred sliced through her sleep-induced stupor, making Olive groan loudly in protest. "It's World Cup day!" At this, Olive's eyes snapped open, her heart pounding in sudden excitement.

"Oh shit!" Olive's voice echoed through the quiet home, causing a few birds outside to take flight. "Why didn't you just say that?" Olive glared at Fred, her eyes wide and alert now as she quickly grabbed her bag before rushing out of the room in a flurry of excitement.

Olive darted towards the bathroom, her heart pounding in her chest before slamming her fist on the door impatiently. "Georgie, hurry up! I need to shower!" Olive banged on the door once again, her heart sinking as she heard the sound of the shower starting. "Don't you dare, George Weasley!"

"Sorry! Can't hear you over the water!" George's voice filtered through the door, and Olive could practically visualise the shit-eating grin on his face.

Frustrated, Olive yelled as she sprinted down the stairs, her bag still in hand. "Mum!" The word echoed through the house. "Mum!"

"What's with all the yelling?" Molly questioned, her eyebrows furrowed in concern as she watched Olive rush into the living room. "What's wrong, dear?"

"George is hogging the shower!" Olive whined, her voice on the edge of desperation. "And he showered last night!"

"Well, that won't do will it?" Molly questioned with a soft, amused laugh. "George Gideon Weasley! Let Olive shower!" The volume of her voice made Olive wince, but she felt a surge of gratitude towards Molly.

"Thanks!" Olive beamed at her mother-figure before she turned on her heel and rushed back up the stairs.

"You're such a snitch," George grumbled under his breath as he walked out of the bathroom, his hair still suspiciously dry.

"Yeah, well," Olive shrugged, trying to mask her excitement. "I have to look good. What if I meet a cute boy? Or a cute girl?" Olive questioned, her eyes sparkling with possibility making George scoff.

"Yeah right." George shook his head dismissively. "You're too in love with Neville to meet a cute person." At this, Olive reeled her arm back, before punching George's arm with all her might.

"Ow!" George winced, rubbing his arm. "Mum! Olive punched me!" George cried out in a tone that made Olive roll her eyes.

"You're such a snitch." Olive mocked George before Molly's voice cut through the air.

"I'm sure you deserved it!" Olive let out a cackle of laughter as George scoffed, his cheeks flushing slightly.

"Make it stop!" The two teens heard Ron's voice coming from his room, his tone full of annoyance making them both dissolve into fits of laughter.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Olive let out a long sigh of relief as she stepped out of the bathroom, the cold air enveloping her warmly and making her skin tingle with the sudden change in temperature. The coolness felt invigorating against her skin, a stark contrast to the steamy warmth of the bathroom.