08

"Shit." Jisung runs towards the boy and grabs his wrist before he pulls the trigger. A loud shot goes off but the bullet hits the wall. "He's only after you, move!" Beomgyu runs into one of the rooms, and Jisung steps in front of Minho. "Shoot me instead." He puts his hands up, and Minho's eyes fade back to normal.

     "I'm not gonna do that." Minho unloads the gun in his hand, slowly taking it apart piece by piece. Then he throws all the parts onto the ground. "Now no one gets hurt." Hannah nods and stands up, but she keeps the knife tight in her hand.

     There were red marks around Soobin's neck when he stands up. Felix leans against the boxing ring, and Hyunjin carries him back to his room. When he comes back out, the bandages are no longer on his head. Hyunjin walks up to Soobin and grabs him by his collar. "Get out."

     "We-"

     "Get the hell out."

     "The scar can fade!" He blurts out, Hyunjin roughly pushes him away. Soobin sighs, rubbing his neck. "Even if you do have the scar... it can disappear. And you can turn."

     Everyone stares in disbelief. Could they still turn? Hyunjin scoffs, turning around to walk back to his room.

     "Is he okay?" Jeongin watches the boy walk away, and no one says anything. While walking to his room, Felix peeks his head out of his door.

     "Hyunjin?" The raven glances at him, managing to give the boy a small smile.

     "Your leg isn't fully healed yet, go back to bed." Felix stares at him for a second, and then he grabs Hyunjin's hand, leading him inside of his room.

     "Sit." Hyunjin takes a seat on the bed, watching Felix limp across the room to stand in front of him. Then, he leans forward and pulls the other into a hug. The two heard all the commotion outside but they just... stayed in their own little bubble.

     At that moment, Hyunjin could've pushed the boy away. He could've just told him to go back to sleep again. He could've just ignored him from the beginning and not come into the room. But no. You know what he did do? He wrapped his arms around the boy's waist and cried.

     He cried, and all Felix did was sit and listen to him. "Don't hurt yourself." Tears stream down Hyunjin's face, but he bites on his bottom lip to suppress any noise. For 4 hours, the two talked to each other. And they ended up falling asleep just like that.

     In the morning, they hear a loud thud. Jisung springs out of bed and runs over to where the sound was coming from. He ends up in front of Changbin's room. He bursts into the room to find Changbin banging his head against the small desk. His head was bleeding everywhere and Jisung's eyes widen. "STOP!" He yells, and Changbin pauses.

     "I... I can't see anything..." He mutters. Jisung grabs the boy by his shoulders. There was a gash on his forehead. But right in front of Jisung the profusely bleeding gash... heals. "Jisung?"

     The brunette noticed that Changbin's eyes seemed normal. But he wasn't looking straight at him. It was almost like he was staring at nothing, spacing out. Then, Jeongin and Minho come through the door. "What happened?!" Jeongin yells. Yet Changbin doesn't react.

     Matter of fact he doesn't react to anything that the boy's say from then on. Minho raises his eyebrows, and he pulls out his phone, showing them the article with the symptoms of infection. "Sudden loss of senses. Hearing, vision, etc. He's on stage three."

     The others didn't know what to do. He was so close to stage four it made them nervous. Plus, now knowing that the scar can disappear when they thought they were safe. It all felt like hell.

     And if it wasn't already bad, they hear a loud bang go off in the main room. The boy's leave Changbin in his room, and they run out to see what was happening. Everyone else was already out there. They had kicked Soobin and Beomgyu out before they went to sleep last night. The glass out front had cracked.

     "I'll check." Chris slowly edges towards the door, and then a loud crash comes, and a body comes flying in through the window. It falls on top of Chris, making him trip. He tries to push the body off of him, but then it starts moving.

     However, Chris' eyes begin to unfocus, and Jisung notices it. Slowly he starts to lose his hearing as well. Everyone was awake at this point. And no one could see or hear either. Suddenly, Changbin comes running out of his room. He was the first one to lose his hearing and sight, so he was the first one to get it back too. Chris started to get his hearing back as well, but he still couldn't see.

     Minho takes deep breaths. He slowly walks over to where he took apart Beomgyu's gun. He kneels down, feeling around the area with the tips of his fingers and picking up each piece. Along with trying to figure out which part is which, he puts the parts back together. Soon everyone's sight and hearing come back.

     But they all open their eyes to Minho pointing the gun in Chris' direction. "Should I shoot?"

     "Don't you dare shoot that damn gun!" Chris yells, putting his arm under its neck to keep it away from him. He wasn't sure if Minho had good aim and he sure as hell didn't want to get shot in the head.

     So, instead of listening to Chris, he shoots anyway. He hits the man right in the torso, making him drop. Blood leaks out of the body and onto Chris' shirt. It was quiet afterwards. Hyunjin trudges out of his room, looking down at the now dead body and blood stained on the raven's clothes. Then, he stares at the broken window. "We can't stay here anymore. That's just an opening for more "people" to come through."

     Everyone agrees, but they didn't like the sound of it. Where would they go? It was hard enough finding the gym and now they had to move somewhere else. All other houses were basically destroyed but frankly they had no choice. So, they pack up their things.

     They fit as much as they can in their backpacks. Taking bandages from the cabinets and water from the cupboards. Afterwards, the boy's stand in front of the door. The fog from outside was slowly creeping into the building. A tear slips down Jisung's cheek, but he wipes it quickly.

     They were just kids in highschool why did they have to go through all of this? For what? "Out of all of us, who has the biggest house?" Hyunjin asks, and Changbin gestures towards Minho.

     "My mom always has family over, so we have a decent sized house. There should be enough rooms for all of us. We might have to share though."

     "Good enough." He sighs. "Let's get going." Hyunjin lifts Felix onto his back, and they leave out the door one by one. Jeongin and Changbin informed them about the fog not bothering them anymore. But they still keep their masks in hand anyway.

     Felix carries both his and Hyunjin's bag, Hyunjin's bat was peeking out of the bag. Minho leads them to his house. But once they stepped into the driveway, there was a car there that Minho didn't recognize. Maybe one of his family members came to check on them and they got a new car?

     Minho pulls his house key out of his pocket and unlocks the door. It was quiet. Too quiet. The car out front gave the boy a bad feeling. Hyunjin sets Felix down on the couch in the living room. But as he walked away Felix swore he saw red in the boy's eyes. He watches as Hyunjin stumbles to his backpack and takes his bat out of his bag.

     Then he disappears up the stairs. He walks into a room where Minho is unpacking and holds his bat up, getting ready to swing. "Get out." Minho's eyes widen, and he drops all of his things.

     "Hyunjin."

     But when Minho speaks Hyunjin shakes his head. "Not... not you..." He pauses, looking over Minho's shoulder. "Her."

     Last time he checked, Hannah was downstairs. He turns around, and when he does he understands who Hyunjin was pointing the bat at.

     There was someone in the closet.